11 Mar

dvoight09:

Form Howling for Justice. Please take action.

Originally posted on Howling For Justice:

Update: March 13, 2012

You are having an effect, people are hopping mad over this hunt and the legislators are hearing from them! Keep it up!!!

===

Lawmakers seek to amend bill on proposed wolf hunt

Legislators concerned that a proposed wolf hunt goes too far are hoping to amend a bill scheduled for a vote before the state Assembly on Tuesday, seeking to shorten the season to protect pregnant wolves and eliminate night hunting.

“I’m getting emails from all over the state about this,” said state Rep. Brett Hulsey, D-Madison, one of the legislators who will try to amend the bill.

The bill, which already passed the Senate, calls for the state Department of Natural Resources to establish a hunting season for wolves, which were just removed from the endangered species list. The proposed season would run from October through February. It also allows night hunting and the use…

View original 1,299 more words

Posted by on March 11, 2012 in Uncategorized

10 responses to “

March 11, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Sen. Erpenbach wrote me a letter saying to keep vigilant on this. I’m calling friends and asking them to call our representatrive. Vermont cheese from now on.

March 11, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I agree. Even of this passes we need to support boycotts and lawsuits. The boycotts may affect us as Wisconsin citizens, but it may be the only way to get through to these people. It’s time to fight back, and give us the voice that has been so long lacking. Starting soon we will be beginning a membership drive, and will be taking donations so that we can expand our reach. The hunting groups have a complete monopoly on power in this state and they need to be challenged. The now have unchallenged access to just about every inch of our public lands, and parks. We need equal access to our lawmakers and that is the goal of WE VOW. We are the majority, and we need to make that clear to them.

March 11, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Wisconsin needs to hold off the wildlife killers (trappers, “sportsmen”(all laugh here), and politicians, until you can elect a Governor that will say NO to this reckless power grab on behalf of the slob thrill killers. What are these people thinking? Russ Feingold for Governor!!!!

March 11, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Feingold would be an excellent choice for governor. With most of the lawmakers in the pocket of George Meyer and the Wisconsin Wildlife Federation (more like Wisconsin Wildlife Killers Federation) we need a governor who will not bow to their every whim.

3. Diane Miller

April 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm

People should be angry! These are our animals, trees and forests too. Who left the decision to destroy them to these morons? Not me!!!

4. Sandra McGee

May 31, 2012 at 10:25 am

Is there anyone going to any of the meetings that the DNR are holding for the hunting & trapping
    that is going to be allowed in the state?

June 6, Spooner – Spooner High School Auditorium, 801 County Highway A.
    June 8, Black River Falls – Black River Falls Middle School Auditorium, 1202 Pierce St.
    June 14, Fond du Lac – UW-Fond du Lac Auditorium, 400 University Drive.
    June 15, Rhinelander – James Williams Middle School Auditorium, 915 Acacia Lane.

I would like to know, because I would plan on going to a few – to support the wolves & make their voices heard. If anyone is going please e-mail me @ smcgee1107@gmail.com & we can talk about it. I think it’s important that a lot of folks show up @ these meetings – to let the f&%king hunters know that we are watching & listening.

May 31, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I am looking into it. My schedule has been quite tight and it is quite a drive but I will decide soon. Honestly I think that they already have their minds made up and are just doing this for show. Lawsuits are going to be the only way to stop this thing.

5. Margy

September 29, 2012 at 3:32 pm

When will we ever learn? WAKE UP WISCONSIN!!! Enough killing of any wildlife as an excuse for “hunting”!! Hunting is NOT A SPORT!! In sports, both sides know they are playing and using the same tools. THe tourist slogan for WIsconsin should be…WISCONSIN, NO ENDGANGERED SPECIES HERE….WE HUNT EVERYTHING!!!

6. danielleriggens

January 24, 2013 at 4:20 am

Life is precious.

What a shame to wipe out those whose desire is CARE!

My kitty was acting very strange earlier.

Begging at the door.

She went poop in a strange place. Not her style.

Smoke alarms, smell of smoke.

A resident had no batteries for their smoke alarm.

If it were not for my Penn, lives could have been lost.

7. Nathaniel Schutze

April 9, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of
    your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly return.