11 Apr

From Animal Connection. This is another power grab on behalf of hunters and trappers nationwide.

Posted by on April 11, 2012 in Uncategorized

13 responses to “

1. Concerned animal Advocate

April 12, 2012 at 1:44 am

Seriously? How much more carnage needs to be done to the animals in the guise of so-called sport. It’s not sport. No normal human being could ever feel anything but disgust and sick from murdering an innocent animal for no reason other than a so-called thrill. Animals are not put here to hunt and murder for sport. They are not wall and floor decorations. They are not furniture. They are living breathing souls and they need to be given respect. We need to co-exist with them and stop trying to wipe out any animal that happens to be the target of the month.

2. Nina Wadcock

April 12, 2012 at 3:08 am

It is akin to leaving the conservation of all endangered species in the hands of big game hunters. This activity diminishes those who permit it in the eyes of the whole world. Disgusting that forward thinking nations reveal themselves to be truly backward.

3. J.a. Crowder

April 12, 2012 at 5:16 am

im really sick of all this trophy hunting Dont you think you kill enough animals, moose, deer, Elk, wolves, badgers, pheasant, bears, If You Cant Eat It Dont Kill It. Only Sick Morons Kill For Laughs, Fun and Trophy , Out Law This, And Trapping And Snares

4. Sad citizen

April 12, 2012 at 8:35 am

It is a very sad day to see that again there is no regards for life. How are we to respect and are for one another when this type of ‘trophy’ hunting is allowed? Trophy hunting does nothing for the earths animals, accept expose them to more evils from humans.
    So tired of hearing how hunters should be allowed to have fun. What will they ask to kill next? People on death row

5. jeweledrabbit/Maureen

April 14, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I just found your blog,and I’ll be sharing it on FB. Wildlife management, or should I say wildlife manipulation, all over the U.S. (not just Wisconsin) is a big, fat joke. Its sole purpose is to keep wildlife-murdering yahoos happy. I support your cause completely, and I’m Canadian.

If anyone is interested there’s a petition against this insane bill going. I signed it earlier today:

April 14, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Thank you very much. I have seen recent stories about what is happening to wildlife in your country as well, especially with the harp seals. There is something very wrong with these people. We are making our own doom, and most do not even realize it.

• Maureen

April 14, 2012 at 10:36 pm

The seal hunt has been going on for a long time, and people have been protesting it for just as long. Even though the market for seal pelts has dried up now, our stupid federal government still refuses to make it illegal. There’s so little demand for seal pelts this year that the Newfoundland government (Newfoundland is the province where the seal hunt takes place.) paid a private company $3.6 million dollars to stockpile any pelts that are “harvested”. (Oh, how I hate the use of the word “harvested” when it comes to hunting and trapping.)

There’s also the grizzly bear trophy hunt in British Columbia. It opened on April 1. There’s a huge petition against it that’s been circulating for months. It’s gotten the supporters of the trophy hunt so upset they started a counter petition last week.

Our flippin’ stupid federal government allows the trophy hunting of polar bears to boot.

The war on wildlife is being waged all over the world, not just North America. In Australia, they’re slaughtering kangaroos by the millions for meat, leather and fur. Other reasons include their being perceived as pests by farmers:

This is all total insanity, and the fact that government sanctions it is even more insane. When does it end? When there are no more wild animals left? What will all the sociopathic animal killers do then? Push government to make it legal to kill any human beings they deem undesirable just so they can satisfy their bloodlust?

It all makes me sick to my stomach.

April 15, 2012 at 12:38 am

Maureen,

Before I became a vegetarian I used to eat a lot of fish. My wife and I began boycotting Canadian seafood a few years ago when the HSUS called it for due to the seal killing. You are so right about the word “harvested.” I deplore that word. The same thing with “dispatch” and “game.” They use these fluffy words to distract people from what they are really doing: killing. I have always said that when they kill off all of the animals they will start hunting tree hugging liberals like myself. Of course unlike animals we can fight back.

6. jeweledrabbit/Maureen

April 15, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I stopped eating meat last fall. I still eat a bit of tuna (two cans per week) and some shrimp on occasion.

Sport/recreational/trophy/commercial hunters, and trappers too, will see their day come to an end. I don’t know when that day will be, but it will happen. More and more people are finding out about their horrifying abuse of animals and how they manipulate the wild animal population for their own ends, and also about how they dominate fish-and-game departments. Six months ago I knew nothing about all this. Now here I am, advocating for wildlife.

On another note, I just saw a comment your wife left on a post on Jim Robertson’s FB page. I’m waiting with bated breath for the release of his anti-hunting book.

7. rali74

April 15, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Actually Patricia is not my wife, my real wife wouldn’t be too happy about that :) I gave up eating meat about 2 months ago and am now full vegetarian. I went from cutting back my meat consumption and only eating organic free range meat, to giving it up all together. Honestly it is the best decision that i have made in a long time. And thank you for becoming a wildlife advocate, we need all of the help that we can get.

April 18, 2012 at 12:17 am

It does not surprise me that this passed the House, but I would be surprised if it made it to a Senate vote. I think that Obama signing something like this in an election season would be crazy on his part. he has already alienated his base and this would be doom for him.