26 Oct

Watch your step in Wisconsin State Parks. Trapping sadists can now torture animals in all but TWO state parks.

If you plan to hike or do anything on Wisconsin State Parks after January 1st, be very careful. Because of the endless pandering to kill everything groups like the deceptively named hunting group, the Wisconsin Wildlife Federation, earlier this year the Wisconsin Legislature rubber-stamped a law that opens up all but two state parks to SEVEN months of non-stop killing. And of course the same names and groups that were behind the wolf kill bill were behind this garbage bill that also teaches hunting and trapping in PUBLIC schools for CREDIT.

When this insane bill came up for a vote all but ONE state senator voted for it. Only Senator Fred Risser had the courage and common sense to oppose this travesty. In the Assembly all but 12 voted for it. This essentially means that wildlife in Wisconsin have almost no safe areas from guns, traps, and bows. Why would anyone want to visit our state parks if they run the risk of stepping in a sadist’s trap or be gunned down by some yahoo thinking that he saw a deer? Our state parks bring in huge numbers of tourists from both inside and outside the state. Apparently pandering to the kill everything groups like the bear hounders is more important than tourism. This will backfire and backfire bad the first time a tourist is shot or steps in a trap while on a nice stroll in our beautiful parks. These people can kill just about any species at any time, and yet it still wasn’t enough for them. They had to take the last refuges for much of the wildlife in this state. From the DNR:

Act 168, which goes into effect Jan. 1, 2013, allows the DNR to prohibit hunting and trapping within 100 yards of a designated use area such as a campground, picnic area, or beach. A determination to prohibit hunting and trapping in any other areas of a state park, a portion of a state park, or during certain time periods must be approved by a majority of the Natural Resources Board, and can only be approved to protect public safety or unique natural resources such as fragile plant or animal habitat.

While Act 168 allows hunting when any season is open, the department is proposing that the board allow hunting in parks from Oct. 15 through the Thursday prior to the Memorial Day weekend.

Of course they made a nice little loophole in the whole Natural Resources Board “approval” thing by also passing legislation that demanded four of the seven members be hunters, trappers, or part of agriculture. Of course one of the current members is an SCI shill who runs an “outfitter” business. So much for “conflict of interest” and ethics in this state. These people can approve measures that line their own pockets. And the DNR tries to pretend that they are “reasonable” by “only” allowing killing for seven months, and making the summer tourists think that they actually care about what wildlife will be left. Remember the trapping sadists can kill as many animals as they want for the price of their $20 “license.” And even more disturbing is that Wisconsin has no age limit for trapping animals. Check out the picture that the DNR so proudly puts on the front page of their trapping “regulations.”

Eric Kroening trapped his first otter during the 2011-2012 trapping season. His daughter, Alicia, went with him to check traps on the day he trapped the otter. Alicia’s favorite saying for the rest of the day was “We got an otter!”

This was the caption under the picture of a VERY young child and her father posing over the dead body of a trap drowned otter. And people wonder why notorious serial killers and mass shooters seem to like this state so much?

Of course the DNR is having more of their so called “hearings” to get “public” input on their seven month kill proposals. We have all seen how much the “public” opinion really matters at these so called hearings. If you are interested in attending this farce the dates are here:

The listening sessions will all begin at 6:30 p.m. and attendees that would like to speak or submit written comments should sign up at the door on arriving at the session. Locations are:

Monday, Oct. 29, Fitchburg, with board members Preston Cole and Jane Wiley present.
Quality Inn and Suites
2969 Cahill Main
Fitchburg, WI 53711

Tuesday, Oct. 30, Eau Claire, with board members Dave Clausen and Jane Wiley present.
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC)
620 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701

Monday, Nov. 5, Merrill, with board members Christine Thomas and Jane Wiley present.
Merrill High School
1201 N. Sales St.
Merrill, WI 54452

Thursday, Nov. 8, Appleton, with board members William Bruins, Terry Hilgenberg and Jane Wiley present.
The Bordini Center, Fox Valley Technical College Campus
5 Systems Drive
Appleton, WI 54914

Tuesday, Nov. 13, West Allis, with board members Gregory Kazmierski and Jane Wiley present.
Tommy Thompson Youth Center (State Fair Park)
640 S. 84th St.
West Allis, WI 53214

More about this insanity here:

Skiers, hikers, dog walkers beware: Hunting coming in almost every state park

If there was ever a time that we need to organize it is now. The kill everything groups have taken total control of every last inch of public land in the state, next they will be trying to force killing onto private lands. They have also written into law their domination of the Natural Resources Board. All of this right under the noses of so called “Democrats” who voted for this bill right alongside the Suder and “Some Girls Rape Easy” Rivard. Be very careful the next time you take a hike in a state park or one of these sadists might “harvest” a hiker or a dog walker.

Posted by on October 26, 2012 in Hunting, Trapping, Wisconsin Insanity

16 responses to “The Fallout of The Legislature Pandering To Kill Everything Groups: All But Two State Parks Will Be Open For Killing Jan. 1st

October 27, 2012 at 7:36 am

Aren’t there any democrats in Wisconsin……The lack of opposition from these cowardly politicians is stunning….Do they think these trapper sadists/ fake sportsmen will stop here? They will continue to take take take until all th otters, beaver and other wildlife is dead. Then they will move on to other animals…..What has happened to Wisconsin? Where are those decent values?

2. gannonned

October 27, 2012 at 8:05 am

This frustrates me beyond words. It goes against everything state and national parks were designed for and shows a lust for this hunt that is beyond reason. I am terrified of speaking publicly. I had a statement read on my behalf at one of the other Eau Claire hearings, but I didn’t attend. I am debating whether or not to go to this next one. I can’t imagine how nervous I would be. As far as the education bit goes, I am fighting it as much as I can, but I am sure my sphere of influence will be less than the school visits these trappers will do. I am giving a presentation on my drawings of wolves at the University, here in Eau Claire, the first week of November and I will talk about some of this. But it is a blow to my fading sense of optimism, and I sometimes wonder if I will see this animal banished from the contiguous states in my lifetime because of inane lust and sense of entitlement. If we want to talk about entitlements, let’s talk about the sense that you have the right to kill something for the joy of killing. My God. I also have an exhibition of my drawings at a public gallery in Eau Claire in February. The hunt will be nearly over, and I hopefully can be a witness at that point to the damage I suspect will have been done. Sometimes I feel all I can do is stand witness to this horrible tide of events and someday say I tried my best. But that is cold comfort.

3. Diane

October 27, 2012 at 8:31 am

And of course another member of the Natural Resources Board is William Bruin; President of Rural Mutual Ins. Board of Directors (parent company is Farm Bureau). He is also on Farm Bureau Board of Directors both WI & American & also on the Beef Council Board. How on earth did WI Conservation Congress, WI Wildlife Federation & NRB Board come to this extreme power in the state & how on earth did our Legislators allow this to happen? I thought the DNR ‘s purpose was to serve as a protector of WI wildlife, but their objective seems to be destruction. Maybe the general public will wake up some morning & realize what is happening, but I am afraid by then it will be too late.

4. Louise Kane

October 27, 2012 at 9:21 am

I’m sad, sorry and sick. No amount of killing ever seems to be enough. Its really insanity.

5. Diane

October 27, 2012 at 11:41 am

I think watching WI politics & special interest groups is a little like watching a X-rated movie. Everyone is in bed together. Wisconsin is not a wholesome state anymore.

6. Aubrey

October 27, 2012 at 1:38 pm

This is very disheartening. I thought all parks were created to preserve the wilderness there and keep part of the landscape undisturbed. Most parks have signs that tell people to stay on the trails in order to keep the parks pristine and protect foliage. But these hunters have are given the rights to go where ever they want to set traps? It’s not right. Parks are also supposed to be safe places for families to go. Not any more. They will risk stepping in traps and being shot. So sickening.

But I guess the deer populations are larger there and the bucks will have larger antlers because they have never been hunted before. The hunters can’t miss out. Sadly, our wildlife has become nothing more than cows raised for slaughter. There is no safe place where these animals can get away from humans. Nothing is sacred anymore. Except those damn eagles. Why do we only treat one bird so specially? Why aren’t all wildlife treated as symbols of America and protected as fiercely as the eagle?

7. Exposing the Big Game

October 29, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Reblogged this on Exposing the Big Game and commented:
    Trapping classes for school credit–wtf??

8. David Street

October 30, 2012 at 7:06 am

This is wrong in doing so. Lawsuits are gonna fly out the roof and state should pay every bit of it when pets or humans step in these traps. This is unmercifully method and times have changed! This isn’t 1500 or 1800 era! The animals are suffering now in parks wildlife reservations as ir is now!…….. So from Ohio I just wanna say shame on you Wisconsin your legislation as most do anymore sucks!

9. Travis

October 30, 2012 at 12:13 pm

They’re banking on apathy and ignorance. Why else would they think they can get away with this? Share wherever possible…big time.

10. gannonned

October 30, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Well, I attended the Eau Claire hearing. Most of the comments were from people who horseback ride in one of the three state parks in this area who don’t want to get shot in spring and fall. I spoke and said that I thought trapping and hunting in state parks was antithetical to what a state park should be. They’re asking for 100-200 yard buffers from ski and hiking trails during the winter hunting seasons. Basically, if you are using a rifle, that doesn’t mean squat. But at least I objected on record. I also submitted a written statement regarding the wolf hunt, especially regarding the use of hounds. This is the third written statement I have submitted, and they all contain content on the wolf hunt. I couldn’t believe it when one commenter talked about the “need” to open parks up to trapping of otter, muskrat, hares, and foxes.

11. gannonned

October 30, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Another commenter I appreciated said there’s a sign outside the park I ride in that says wildlife preserve. Are they going to change that?

October 30, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Thanks for going & speaking up. So many just don’t get it, but thanks for trying. I always speak up so they don’t think their way of thinking is the be all & end all + others need to realize times ‘they are a changin’ “

12. michelle

November 14, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I want to help any animals possible. Yesterday my mom’s dog (a teddy bear dog) Got his neck caught in one of these traps. I took 3 people to get her dog out of a trap. They rushed him to the Vet and lucky enough he survived. What’s wrong with people that want to make animals suffer? I hate living in a state that has so much murdering of animals. I hate Wisconsin!

November 14, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Please send us more information about this incident and report it to the DNR. If they refuse to do anything about it let us know.

• Gail

November 14, 2012 at 7:17 pm

So glad your mom’s dog survived, Michele. Did you report it to the police or other law enforcement authority? Please keep us posted.

13. Diane

November 15, 2012 at 4:04 pm

It makes me so angry to hear of these horrid traps. I also feel grateful the innocent dog survived. I abhor hunting and trapping & it really ticks me off living in rural WI that we are subjected to never ending killing seasons. Next gun deer season starts on Saturday. It should be an even worse blood bath than usual with crossbows, bow & arrow, guns legally uncased in vehicles, statewide coyote hunting & wolf hunting. I get angry even looking @ their blaze orange clothing even before I see the weapons. I get angry seeing photos of dead animals in the newspapers & on the news. I am sure the dead animals were beautiful when alive, but they certainly aren’t something I want to look @ dead. Our rural paper had a special hunting addition with 2 dead wolves, several dead bear, deer, elk, a moose , 1 bear cub, fox & probably more. I felt sick & couldn’t look anymore. I know anger is not a constructive emotion & is destructive probably mostly to myself. I will try to redirect my anger toward doing good, but it’s so hard sometimes…. Meanwhile I try to focus on directing my energy toward coercing people in whatever means I deem most effective to rethink the morality of hunting. But I’m still angry…