The “Kill Everything” State Continues to Live Up to That Reputation

22 Mar
Photo via Wikimedia Commons.

Photo via Wikimedia Commons.

Not content being able to kill just about any species that walks, flies, or swims in Wisconsin, now the “kill everything state” has a new target: woodchucks. Instead of that “laser focus” on jobs that the Legislature wants us to believe they have, they keep coming up with more and more killing proposals each week. From this article:

Rep. Andre Jacque (R-De Pere) is putting the finishing touches on a bill that would remove woodchucks from Wisconsin’s protected species list and allow people to kill an unlimited number of woodchucks during a season that would run nearly year-round. Jacque said woodchucks don’t serve protected status because they’re abundant and a nuisance.

“There really isn’t a good justification for why woodchucks are on the protected list,” Jacque said. “(The season) is more to control a nuisance. I can imagine they can certainly do some damage.”

What a genius. What’s next Wisconsin? A robin hunting season? A bluejay hunting season? How long before hounders will be allowed to run their dogs against woodchucks? And it is not only Republicans that are behind this idiocy:

Jacque hasn’t formally introduced the bill, but he already has bipartisan support. Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, a Democrat who lives on a farm in Alma, has signed on as a co-sponsor.

“We have a lot of problems with woodchucks that are very fat and eat a lot of our grain,” Vinehout said. “I look out my bedroom window every morning and see those guys running around. They’re very fat and very happy. This (bill) would allow the neighbor boy to come over and shoot them and solve a small problem on the farm.”

This rocket scientist also voted for the wolf kill bill. I have no faith left in this state. The idiots in the legislature on both sides of the aisle keep coming up with more and more insane ideas to kill, kill, kill. It never stops. The best quote in the article comes from the director of Wisconsin’s Sierra Club Chapter, Shahla Werner:

“Why can’t these trigger-happy folks shoot targets or cans like I did when I was little?” Warner wrote in an email to The Associated Press. “How are you going to explain to a second-grader in Sun Prairie why we shot Jimmy the Groundhog??”

Considering that citizens in this state get off on blowing away the state symbol of peace, the mourning dove, it shouldn’t come as a shock to expect them to take mercy on groundhogs. What have we become as a state? For that matter what have we become as a species?

Good job Wisconsin! Keep showing the rest of the country that we really are the most brutal and sadistic state in the country. Be proud!

State lawmaker wants open season on woodchucks

Posted by on March 22, 2013 in Hunting, Trapping, Wisconsin Insanity

12 responses to “The “Kill Everything” State Continues to Live Up to That Reputation

1. Della Munnich

March 22, 2013 at 10:08 pm

We must keep exposing these inhumane acts. I will keep posting and informing those that are reachable, and, well, those that are not reachable!

2. nackpets

March 23, 2013 at 12:06 am

What are these people smoking they seem to be few boards short to build a outhouse! I would prefer to have woodchucks as my neighbor than those assholes.Woodhucks are a lot more intelligent and they show more respect.They should stop thinking of ways to kill the animals and start watching them they could teach these morons.I wish on the ballot when we go to vote about what we want to happen with wildlife and stop these assholes. Our woodchucks were here when we built our house 34 years ago and we still enjoy watching them even when they eat my geraniums.

3. Wolf is my Soul

March 23, 2013 at 5:20 am

Reblogged this on Carinas space and commented:
    Börjar tro att Wisconsin består allt mer av inavel – bland människorna!!

March 23, 2013 at 9:27 am

My husband & I have written probably about 10 letters to Kathleen Vinehout in the past couple of years mostly concerning wolves, hunting & trapping issues. We try to write intelligent, articulate, knowledge based letters in a civil manner & have yet to receive 1 response. I’m not surprised she plans to co-sponser this bill. I never understand how people who are country dwellers can watch nature & instead of revelling in the beauty of a ambling woodchuck to want to kill it instead. People don’t seem to even try any logical abatement measures like fencing or making food sources less readily available, so as to not kill animals they regard as nuisances. We live in the country; are involved in agriculture & feel sharing with nature is a small price to pay for the joy we get back from observing them.

March 23, 2013 at 9:30 am

With the exception of Fred Risser and a couple of other democrats the rest are no better than Suder. This is really the kill everything state and it is shameful. No wonder this is the home of Ed Gein and Jeffery Dahmer. They fit right in.

• Wolf is my Soul

March 26, 2013 at 10:04 am

Thank you for your comment Diane. I totally agree with you regarding your views on nature, and don’t understand why it seems so impossible for us all to co-exist with all wildlife. There is an intense war against wolves in my country too and Wolf Army Sweden and all of us advocating to increase wolf protection are banging our heads against federal agencies and hunters and livestock farmers who don’t seem to budge an inch. Sweden has set a “roof” number on the wolfpopulation here and it states that no more than 180-200 individual wolves are allowed to live here. At the same time we have vast natural resources scarcely populated by humans at our disposal and as a country we can maintain well over 200 wolves. It’s an endless war where the wolves are the victims and so very unnecessary. For me personally the wolf is a beutiful animal, I wish I could make others see what I see.

March 23, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Kathleen Vinehout is a piece of work. She came to Monroe with others for a campaign program concerning the primary for governor. She’s a big wolf hater too. I got into it with one of her pals who traveled with her. Vinehout is a dairy farmer. Glad she didn’t get far in the race for governor.

March 23, 2013 at 5:55 pm

That is the problem with this state. With exception of a few legislators like Fred Risser the rest are just as bad as the republicans when it comes to wildlife.

5. laina

March 23, 2013 at 6:23 pm

We had a woodchuck in the little woods behind our house once. Our springer spaniel chased it around because she wanted to be friends with it. After running a little ways it literally threw itself on its back, panting and looked at her as if to say, “I surrender, please don’t hurt me.” She stopped and looked back at it all happy and friendly. It was all so cute!
    Woodchucks bring out the killer in people though. I’ve seen peace loving guys take up arms against them and I’m not sure why exactly. It seems they get in people’s gardens and eat a few things maybe?
    Every year I plant a couple of tomato plants and chipmunks invariably eat the tomatoes before I can. So, I buy some at the farmers market. Frustrating, but it doesn’t make me want to kill them.

• Nancy Keiter

April 4, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Every time my neice ‘s tomatoes be ready to pick they would disappear and she thought it was the woodchuck one morning she looked out the window and their Schnauzer was eating tomatoes the ripe ones of course then she would go over to her water bowl put her face in the bowl to clean off her face

April 4, 2013 at 2:52 pm

It’s funny how people automatically assume wild animals are the guilty culprits.

6. Donette Erdmann

April 5, 2013 at 10:56 pm

We have to stop these idiots.