Guess Who is Against “Windchill’s Law” in Wisconsin?

09 Mar

Image

Photo by Rachel C from Scotland (Flickr) via Wikimedia Commons

Please support AB 401 also known as “Windchill’s Law.” Find out below who registered against this common sense bill.

About the bill from http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/proposals/ab401

“Under current law, with limited exceptions, no person may treat an animal in
a cruel manner. The penalties for a treating an animal in a cruel matter depend upon
the extent of injury to the animal and whether the person acted negligently or
intentionally. Under current law, a person who intentionally treats an animal in a
cruel manner resulting in mutilation, disfigurement, or death to the animal, is guilty
of a Class I felony and may be fined up to $10,000, imprisoned for up to three years
and six months, or both.
Under this bill, a person who intentionally treats an animal in a cruel manner
resulting in great bodily harm, mutilation, disfigurement, or death to the animal is
guilty of a Class I felony. Great bodily harm means bodily injury which creates a
substantial risk of death, or which causes serious permanent disfigurement, or
which causes a permanent or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any
bodily member or organ or other serious bodily injury.”

Sounds like common sense, right? But guess who is against it; The Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association and Safari Club International. Why does this not surprise me?

More about Windchill’s Law and the story behind it:

Posted by on March 9, 2012 in Uncategorized, Wisconsin Insanity

Tags: , , , ,

10 responses to “Guess Who is Against “Windchill’s Law” in Wisconsin?

March 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Safari is a bad ass outfit. They dumped $400,00 in Alaska to kill off the 3rd public referendum by dragging anybody with an IQ below 50 to vote. Fortuately, Alaska is getting fed up with Parnell and Palin leftovers. They then gave Montana $100,000 which most likely went to politicians. I call them The Safari Club Int. One Per-Centers. I’m going to give Sen Erpenbach this site if you don’t mind. I recieved a letter from him today urging us not to give up the fight and be vigilante. I will send you my letter to my local newspaper and will see that he gets a copy. What I want to know if anyone knows how much they gave ? in Wisconsin.

March 9, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Please share this site with anyone who cares about wildlife and are against the enemies of it. We stopped by Sen. Erpenbach’s office on Monday to lobby against SB 411 but he was in a meeting. He voted against that horrible bill, so I commend him for that and look forward to meeting with him in the future. He is one of the true “good guys” in that den of thieves that is the Wisconsin Legislature. Thank you for getting involved.

March 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Sorry, vigilant. At times I’m a secret vigilane.

March 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Sorry Vigilante. I need a nap.

4. rali74

March 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Check out this article to see how backwards these “canned hunting” proponents are:

They are actually trying to convince us that they are doing something good.

March 9, 2012 at 6:36 pm

SCI (first for hunters, last for animals) is only concerned with protecting their sportsmen’s right to hunt. They could care less about animals. They know the price of every animal they kill but the value of none.

What can we say about the Wisconsin Bear Hunters Assoc……What type of people would subject their hounds to fights with wolves- I thought dogfighting was a FEDERAL crime?
    I’ve seen youtube videos of bleeding bear cubs being ripped at by hounds as their “masters” stand there and watch with this ghastly sense of pleasure? What type of people would do that?

March 9, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Trophy Hunting and SCI in general faces a dilemma. As animals like the African Lion become rarer in the wild there will be a call for increased scrutiny of trophy hunting concessions. Many of these concessions are politically driven and corrupt. There are no rules, no fair chase ethics- this looks bad for the trophy hunters….Lions being killed over bait doesn’t make for good you tube video.
    Read the 2012 Jan entry entitled- better to overhunt than not hunt at all- sounds like SCI doesn’t it.

March 9, 2012 at 7:43 pm

What will these thugs “hunt” when all of the “trophy” animals are gone? I shudder to think.

March 11, 2012 at 11:16 am

These wealthy elites at SCI want all wildlife privatized. Rhinos and Lions are now bred like cattle in South Africa…….After the trophy hunter has his thill kill- they sell the horn and lion bone to markets in Asia and Vietnam……Isn’t capitalism wonderful….
    The money is so massive the corruption is incredible.
    SCI is the MOST DANGEROUS organization on the planet as it relates to wildlife.

8. Roger Hewitt

May 15, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Hunting is bonding tradition. I hunted for a long time, finally out grew it. I hunted with my son, my ex father-in-law, a veterinarian, and friends, most highly educated and professionals, but never really liked killing animals as a wholesome activity for me or family. I have also fished a lot in rivers and oceans, including SCUBA and spear fishing. Too often, animals do suffer from hunting and fishing activity. I have bonded with others in tennis and running and triathlons and dancing, and horses, and hiking and else. The picture of a grinning, searching for the word, redneck, once myself I guess, with a killed animal, now really is that healthy or wholesome? The picture of a son or daughter in front of first kill is such a prideful thing? A camera works as well. The tradition of hunting: It does get us out in the woods or prairie or mountains or oceans or rivers in a primal state of hunter or fisherman versus prey: Man with high powered scoped rifles, running around on 4-wheelers and pickup trucks. The Prey does not see what is coming. Go out there with a knife and see who the prey is. But getting out there in the wilderness, without hunting, does the same. Now the trapper, collecting furs, leaving a trapped animal (snared or steel trapped) in such a state for hours or days, in the case of a wolf, something superior to them (my opinion), what is such a mentality? I have the answer, but you get your own. By the way, if it is relevant, I am a two time Viet Nam vet. Hunting, ethical (often not), fair chase (usually not), tolerable (don’t believe it), but trapping? No, no way. Trapping is cruel even if done legally, even if it is a tradition, even if seen as a management tool. Traps are cruel. It should be banned for the public, allowed as necessary for wildlife officials who use it vastly too much with a pervasive kill attitude of their own. Why should animals suffer for private economic gain on fur sales or to artificially farm (boost) elk herds? Over 4 million animals are trapped each year for “sport” and millions more for “management” and millions more as collateral damage. Hunters worldwide kill over 100 million animals. Bow hunting is also cruel and barbaric with close to 50% of animals wounded not killed and left to wonder for hours, days, months, in a wounded state. The oceans are over fished commercially and further insult added by “sportsmen”. The current evident attitudes of sportsmen, maybe always true, have turned me against hunting in general and trapping in particular.

“Hunters have strived for decades to convince the American public that hunting is good for wildlife and good for society, often with arguments that are based on obfuscation and half-truths. They have deliberately focused the debate on deer hunting, for which plausible, but not necessarily true, arguments for subsistence and management can be made. But the holes in their arguments are becoming increasingly apparent, as is the magnitude of their waste, cruelty and destruction. More than 100 million animals are reported killed by hunters each year. That number does not include the millions of animals for which kill figures are not maintained by state wildlife agencies.” By: Anti-Hunting In America 4-18-2012 Facebook