Joel (Rib Eye) Kleefisch Likes “Marinating” Wolves

15 Mar

Image

Photo by By Steve Emmons of USFWS, via Wikimedia Commons

This would be humorous if it was not for the fact that this guy is partially responsible for the upcoming wolf slaughter. Included in a press release from Kleefisch:

“Since being introduced back into the Wisconsin wildlife, wolves have thrived and grown to the point that their population must be managed,” said Rep. Joel Kleefisch (R-Oconomowoc). “They’re decimating deer and other game species in northern Wisconsin, and threatening house pets and even humans. A hunting season will allow for reasonable control of the population, while marinating viable and sustainable pack numbers for this majestic animal.”

Where are deer and other “game” being “decimated” in Wisconsin? Where have wolves threatened humans? The Wisconsin DNR reports that there are 1.14 million deer currently in the state AFTER the last hunting season. That does not sound like decimation to me. He is also the one who is pushing for a sandhill crane killing season after saying that they are “the rib eye of the sky.”

This is also the same person who was caught on camera voting for other Assembly members who were not present. And this guy is allowed to make laws that affect the rest of us and our wildlife?

Tags: , , , ,

11 responses to “Joel (Rib Eye) Kleefisch Likes “Marinating” Wolves

March 15, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Get rid of his wife and then him

March 15, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Agreed! The recalls cannot get here soon enough.

2. L

March 15, 2012 at 10:58 pm

sandhill cranes? what’s next? robins? don’t laugh – whoever thought that mourning doves would be hunted in WI?

March 15, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I’m not laughing because you are probably right. It is becoming more and more apparent that nothing is allowed to live in this state without permission from the Wisconsin Wildlife Federation, The Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association, Joel Kleefisch, Scott Suder, etc. I suppose next they will introduce legislation to hunt deer with dogs, because as Scott Suder said on WPR “hunting with dogs is a “tradition” in Wisconsin.” I swear that these people want nothing more than drive thru hunting and will soon expect the animals to shoot themselves to make it easier on the great white “sportsman.”

• chance

March 16, 2012 at 10:56 am

After reading Kleefisch’s nonsensical bumper sticker talking points about decimated game herds, attacks on humans and pets, you would think these idiots Suder and Kleefisch are reading from the same script. I called his office and asked about the curious “marinating” comment which didn’t make sense. His office said it should have read “maintaining” instead of marinating. It is obviously hard to get good help these days….Why should we expect our elected officials to be able to get through a four sentence press release without mangling the English language. It is apparent these idiot politicians should be allowed no where near our wildlife……..Good grief

3. Melissa Smith

March 16, 2012 at 2:10 am

Is this guy the worst thing ever. I feel sick, just sick.

4. steve bluewolf

March 16, 2012 at 9:17 am

Its ironic that he speaks of the wolves decimating wildlife when as a species humans have all but decimated a whole planets worth of wildlife and not just for survival.

5. L

March 16, 2012 at 11:11 am

Hey rali74:

You’re so right about them wanting drive-by shooting. (And it does happen!) But then again have you seen the average age of the (mostly) guys at these deer meetings? They just had a deer mgmt. mtg. with the DNR in a nearby town. I could just about explode when they say there aren’t any deer around to hunt. I see a dozen or so every night in the farm fields within 5 miles of my house. It’s rare that I drive down the road at dusk without having a deer cross the road in front of me. It’s a miracle I haven’t hit one. With 1.14 million deer they could use dogs and it wouldn’t make a dent (not that I’m advocating that!) My neighbor routinely baits with fruit during hunting season. How hard is it to shoot a deer as it walks up to a pile of food? Give me a break. Again, I ask, whatever happened to fair chase?

Again the legislature got involved & eliminated the earn a buck program. I’m glad I don’t work for the DNR. All that work and then some idiot politicans overturn everything you’ve spent years working on. My sympathies to Adryan Wydeven, DNR wolf expert.

March 16, 2012 at 12:20 pm

L,

That is why we started this group so that we can give the silent majority a true voice. This state has been dominated for so long by a vocal minority that has free reign to pillage and destroy our lands and wildlife all in the name of “conservation.” The sad thing is that much of the population has bought into their twisted propaganda that we “owe” the great white “sportsman” for “conserving” our wildlife. They were the ones who nearly wiped most species and now they expect us to thank them?