To Some, This Brutality is “Recreation”

23 Mar

There has been a set of horrifying pictures that has been making it’s way around the internet. Tonight I saw these pictures, and I have to say that I am sickened beyond words, and I hope you will be too.

Graphic and heartbreaking photos at this link:

**Update** As of March 26, 2012 the above post has been taken down. Please go to the below link for these and other horrifying pictures:

This is the face of the modern “sportsman.” This is the type of person that we let control our wildlife. This is what will be coming to Wisconsin for our wolves starting in October.

From the mouth of one of these “sportsmen:”

“We trappers do cause pain and suffering to animals and apologize to no one”

Dennis “Foothold” Schutz, Vice-President West of the Montana Trappers Association

Please, share these images with everyone that you can. A very passionate wildlife advocate told me today that nothing can be accomplished by just complaining on the internet. We must make our voices heard, and demand that this sick and sadistic behavior be ended once and for all. Please join us in this fight.

Tags: , , , , ,

16 responses to “To Some, This Brutality is “Recreation”

1. nanette

March 23, 2012 at 9:49 pm

i have passed along to my page and my wolf group.made an album of the pictures and iam asking for help and support ….just makes me sick iam a big wolf advocate……

March 23, 2012 at 10:14 pm

We are asking all wildlife advocates to band together in this fight. We can no longer depend on the major groups to fight this battle, it has to be us at the grassroots level. People need to see these pictures and realize that there is a war against our wildlife happening right now all in the name of “recreation” and “conservation.” We need to come together nationwide, even worldwide and stand up for our wildlife. These sadists have couple and total control and we must change that.

• nanette

March 23, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I posted the pictures on my Facebook page and my wolf group so iam circulating them….. YES WE NEED TO BAN TOGETHER

March 23, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I cannot look at these pictures since I’m a cardiac patient but I am tough and mad as hell. Send these to the DNR. Since the whole nation is in an uproar over the Trevyon[ ?] Martin case, violence and guns will be at the forefront. This is violence. How about sending them to Jon Erpenbach or any of the legislators that are very pro wildlife. Just some thoughts. Time to bag the NRA-no pun intended.

March 24, 2012 at 6:17 am

The “trapperman” site is where all the sadists go to brag about the torture that they inflict on wildlife. For the most part they are illiterate idiots as evidenced by the numerous misspellings. What type of a country would allow animals to be treated this way- these trappers have been protected by the status quo in “wildlife management” for far too long.

March 24, 2012 at 6:29 am

I think the quote from one of these idiots sums it up best….
    “some people are like slinkies, not really much good for anything, but it brings a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs………Brilliant. Must be a life long NRA member.

March 24, 2012 at 6:32 am

There must be something in the Idaho regs about “killing” your intended target with a minimum of suffering…..as this person is doing his photo op and other “sportsmen” are taking shots at the wolf in the trap. I’ll call IDFG and find out the regulations……

March 24, 2012 at 9:58 am

Diane says: I have observed wolves in the wild on our farm/woodlands & I know they will be quickly decimated by this barrage of lethal killing methods-I find it amazing these kill crazed trappers are actually proud of what they do. Wolves are a 99.8 % genetic match to man’s best friend-the dog which provides insight into their character. Wolves have a natural curiosity & a lack of fear which helps to create a dangerous scenario for this endangered mammal.

March 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Thanks, Chance. Any bets that he will just get a “warning” like the poacher who killed OR-9?

• chance

March 24, 2012 at 5:53 pm

These rabid wolf haters in the NRM and Wisconsin for that matter remind me of the illiterate southern white trash from Miss or Georgia. This hillbilly trapper can’t even spell “connected”……They are closet racists. They hate wolves for the same reason they hate minorities……It’s a cultural thing- and they don’t even have any accurate information based in fact why they hate wolves. I don’t think they even have a clue why they hate…… They whine and complain about predators based on misinformation…..The “decimated” game herds has been disspelled. 400000 elk in the NRM and these “sportsmen” (all laugh here) acting like the sky is going to fall because there are no elk or deer left. The Yellowstone Elk study, other studies showing wolves are not killing machines…..Foreign wolves……these same wolves have traveled back and forth from Canada for hundreds of years……Trappers are sadists who just go along for the ride on this “myth” of hunters and trappers being the true stewards of wildlife…..Our biggest obstacle is changing the status quo

6. Melissa Smith

March 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm

A couple guys had already took some shots at him, but thank god they weren’t good ones. These people are sick.

March 24, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Melissa,

Sick is an understatement. They take sheer pleasure in the pain and suffering of an animal. This sadistic person made sure to have his grinning picture taken while this poor animal was suffering horrific pain from the trap and possibly being shot twice. If images like these do not enrage people nothing will. We can no longer ignore this type of behavior, people need to see it and know that this is what is happening to our wildlife. These people get off on doing this to animals. Something is very wrong here. If these sadists didn’t have animals to do this to, what would they focus on? I have a pretty good indication.

March 26, 2012 at 3:46 pm

We can send a message to Idaho that the actions of this retarded trapper who felt it necessary to do a “photo op” instead of put the wolf out of his pain and suffering will not be tolerated. Contact Virgil Moore at 208 3343771. I really think they are obligated to do something to this trapper like suspend his trapping priveledges. This is clearly against the trapping regulations…… This should not be tolerated. The phone calls that I made I made it very clear to these people that people in this country are watching and paying attention as these hillbillies continue to disrespect and torture wolves…….They told me Jon Rachael is investigating the incident- they are very defensive when you tell them they are wolf haters……

March 26, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Any bets that the “investigation” will end up in another “warning.”

• chance

March 26, 2012 at 4:17 pm

If enough people demand accountability it doesn’t have to be that way. It is obvious wildlife advocates need a different set of tactics to combat this rampant predator hatred coming from these hillbilly states . The more we write and complain the more they ignore us. This must change. We need input from all wildlife advocates on this issue.