What a Coincidence!

02 Apr

Image

Photo by Teaberryeagle via Wikimedia Commons

The same day that our esteemed governor signed the wolf kill bill look what news came out of wolf country:

CWD found in deer in northwest Wisconsin

In the real world, I try not to believe in conspiracy theories. However Scott Walker’s Wisconsin is about as far from reality as you can get. A very observant commenter on the Wisconsin State Journal’s website pointed out that the DNR knew about this since early March and received a second confirmation last Friday. However, it was not announced until AFTER Walker signed the wolf kill bill today. If history is any indication the DNR will institute a full scale deer slaughter in this area just as they did in southern Wisconsin.

What is astounding is that wolves help to keep the deer population in check, thus helping to prevent the spread of CWD. Do you think that maybe Walker could have held off on signing this bill with this recent round of news? Of course not. He wouldn’t want to disappoint George Meyer, the Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association, and the lawmakers that are in their pocket. I mean the wolves have have been off the endangered species for a whole two months, the killing must commence.

I am sure that others share my sentiments when I ask, what the hell is wrong with this state?

Posted by on April 2, 2012 in Uncategorized

Tags: , , ,

6 responses to “What a Coincidence!

1. Suzanne Dunham

April 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

It makes me ashamed to say that I come from Wisconsin. I lived for years in California and we were always trying to save something, but here in Wisconsin, all they can talk about is killing.
    If it moves, kill it. When will they get it through their thick skulls that God put everything here for a purpose and when by killing off everything, we will totally screw up our planet. The world would get along fine without the human race. I’m so sick of all the senseless killing, and I will continue to fight to save this planet and it’s wildlife.

April 2, 2012 at 9:39 pm

If CWD does indeed wipe out the deer herd, who will they blame then? The wolf population will be decimated by then so they can’t blame them. I suppose then they will go back to gunning for feral cats as they tried to a couple of years ago because hunters can never be to blame. You are right, it is all about what and how much you can kill in this state. Wolves are the best defense against CWD, but they will stop at nothing to decimate their numbers down to a token population. When are people in this state going to wake up and realize what is happening around them? It is all about “recreation” with people in this state. If it is not killing animals in horrific ways, it is wearing hunks of plastic cheese on their heads and worshipping a football team. They need to realize that the rest of the country is laughing at us, not with us.

April 2, 2012 at 11:33 pm

What’s the matter with this state? The same ailment as with Idaho and Montana. Chauvinistic and gestapo mentality. Let’s hope the Ojibwe sue.

April 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I have lived in this state for the vast majority of my 37 years except when I was gone for extended military training. There is something very wrong with what many people here find to be acceptable or call “tradition.” It is all about control and killing and I just cannot figure out where that mindset comes from. We have Madison which is one of the most progressive cities in the country surrounded by Mississippi North with a few patches of sanity here and there. I always wondered why when I was in the Army people made fun of me for being from Wisconsin. Now I see why.

April 3, 2012 at 12:24 am

I was born in Kenosha during the war. Both my parents were born in Green County. I did not come from a hunting family. I have cousins who hunt deer but that’s about it. All farmers and very laid back mostly Democrats. My husband was a surgeon and we raised sheep as a hobby in the midst of coyotes and never used a gun for 20 yrs. They even came down to the barn for water. When one of the ewes died we took her to the cemetery and the coyotes had a feast. You know the saying-never bite the hand that feeds you. My husband died and I still have the farm and it is posted. Northern Wisconsin is different. Michigan seems to be quiet about this.

April 3, 2012 at 12:58 am

There seems to be this mindset among many in this state that just seeing a predator constitutes a threat. I had a coyote walk about 75 yards right in front of me about a month ago while walking my dog. He just looked at me for a second and went on his way. If one of these anti-predator types experienced the same thing they would have considered it a “threat” and freaked out. I long to see a wolf in the wild, and if I do it will be a life changing experience. It’s funny how all of these big tough hunters and trappers are so afraid of wolves that they want to kill them in the most brutal ways possible. I am so glad that I was born without that insane bloodlust in my DNA.