“Well, everything in God’s garden is available to us”

08 Apr

“Well, everything in God’s garden is available to us.”

Those are the words of Dave Swanson of the Green Bay Duck Hunters Association speaking about the proposed sandhill crane hunting season for an article in today’s Wisconsin State Journal.

This is the mindset that we are dealing with. People like Swanson think they have a spiritual imperative to kill what ever they want because it is part of “God’s garden.” This is not the first time that I have heard this argument used to justify recreational hunting and trapping. Personally, I think that people like these are just using that argument as spiritual cover for their bloodlust.

Another argument that is being used by proponents of crane killing is that they damage untreated crops. This response from Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation lobbyist Paul Zimmerman also came from the Wisconsin State Journal article:

“Zimmerman said hunting offers a means of controlling population growth and gives hunters “another recreational opportunity.”

That sums it up. The killing of sandhill cranes is just another recreational opportunity for hunters in Wisconsin.

Remember the Conservation Congress Election is Monday April 9th (tomorrow) in every county in the state. The issue of a sandhill crane hunting season is one of the questions to be voted on. Hunters and trappers have controlled this group for the past 80 years. This is a PUBLIC event and it is NOT just for hunters and trappers. Please show up tomorrow at your local meeting and remind them they WE are the majority in this state and to vote against their animal killing agenda.

Location of Election in Each County

2012 Questionnaire

Tags: ,

8 responses to ““Well, everything in God’s garden is available to us”

April 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm

And God gave us dominion over the animals…….He said we could hunt them with hounds, ignore the tradition of fair chase hunting, and abandon any sense of ethics or decency…….Is that GOD that I hear or is it the voices that I hear in my head.

April 8, 2012 at 7:06 pm

It just amazes me that horrible acts are always given justification by interjecting religion into it. The Crusades, terrorism, witch burning, etc. always had a religious cover. I have no problem with what people believe, but don’t use it as cover to justify killing people or animals. I just never could understand the obsession with killing animals that many religious zealots have. Look at how Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum mugged for the cameras prior to their caucuses in Iowa and blew away stocked pheasants.

• Suzanne Dunham

April 8, 2012 at 8:57 pm

The interpretation from the bible was not dominion. Man was to be the caretakers of the earth, not the masters. The arrogant interpreters changed it so they could justify the killing. You’d be surprised to see how many words were changed to justify our ways of life.

April 8, 2012 at 11:23 pm

In God’s Garden? You go to God’s Garden with a gun? What idiot is this? I haven’t read that article yet but somebody write the Journal with a reply.

April 9, 2012 at 12:22 am

This comment was left on Patricia’s column today:

“God put animals on earth to be used and exploited by human beings.”

And from the same person:

“I wonder, do you hate people? You act like nature comes first before the needs of people.”

Without nature there would be no people. Do these idiots not understand this? I will answer for Patricia: I do not hate all people. I do despise those who kill for fun or out of some twisted religious ideology like this fool. It is hard to love your species when those around you have zero respect for other living beings and think that animals are to be “exploited” by humans. This is exactly the backwards mindset that will destroy the human race. I am ashamed to be considered of the same race as idiots like this.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/column/patricia-randolph-s-madravenspeak-to-kill-a-crane/article_29eb2561-3ee5-50a0-9616-f23522277762.html?mode=comments#ixzz1rW8HTljo

April 9, 2012 at 11:37 am

I read the Wi. Journal comments last night and did read madravenspeak. I also commented. Will keep it up.

4. Sandra McGee

April 10, 2012 at 9:45 am

This Zimmerman guy sounds like a real idiot. I hope everything worked out last night. Looking for info. on last nights meetings.