Coyote Slaughter Video Stirs Outrage, Just Not the Way You Think

20 Apr

National Park Service Photo

A few days ago, I posted a YouTube video from a groups of punks who call themselves “Coyote Control Specialists” showing wholesale slaughter of coyotes and even one being blown up with explosives. I then posted the link for the the video onto the website “The Wildlife News” for people to see. The Wildlife News is an outstanding resource for current information about issues affecting our wildlife and wild lands. Unfortunately lately any living wildlife advocate who posts anything against the “great white hunter” is bullied, insulted, and even called homophobic slurs by the pro-hunting elements that comment on the site. This is not the fault of Dr. Ralph Maughan or the other wonderful people who run the site.

After posting the video, I asked if anyone wanted to call the behavior in it “ethical hunting.” I asked this because a week earlier I posted another horrific video of two buffoons wounding a wolf and then leering over the body after they killed it. The resident hunter apologists on the site immediately attacked me for posting that video and said that the behavior was completely “ethical” and there was nothing wrong with wounding the wolf and exploiting it for video. I was just trying to make hunters look “bad.” I then posted the video of the coyote killing thugs a couple of days ago. People were outraged, but not in the manner you would think.

Again I was attacked for posting the video because it was an “attack” on hunters and that I was just trying to “stir up the hornet’s nest.” One poster who has a history of using homophobic slurs and childish names for other posters even said that I was just as “disgusting” as the coyote killing punks because I dared to post the video to make all hunters look bad. They dress like hunters, talk like hunters, and use guns like hunters, so yes, they are hunters. If it walks like a duck…. If that makes the hunting community look bad it is not my fault. I didn’t make the video, no other wildlife advocate made the video, it was hunters who made the video. And to top it off the behavior in the video is completely legal in most if not all states in the country. That’s right it is perfectly legal to use explosives to blow up animals all in the name of recreation. And remember if you make a stink about it, you are as bad as the thugs who make the videos.

Am I in the Twilight Zone? What do you think?

15 responses to “Coyote Slaughter Video Stirs Outrage, Just Not the Way You Think

1. Animal Connection

April 20, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I left a few choice words for the wildlife terrorists on both videos. The comments were deleted hours later. What hunters don’t understand, is that outside their small lunatic fringe groups, normal people, the non-hunting majority don’t want to see animals treated like disposable waste.

April 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Thank you so much for doing that. I love your blog and often re-blog your posts onto this site. These people are indeed terrorists and I cannot believe that I am demonized for pointing out their behavior. Can you believe that these thugs did nothing “illegal?”

• Animal Connection

April 20, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Thanks, I’ve re-blogged quite a few of your articles as well. It may be legal, but that doesn’t make it right. In one video they literally blow the coyote to pieces. People need to see modern day hunting for what it really is, some sort of sadistic little war on wildlife. The lunatics are exposing themselves for what they really are, and I thank people like you who are pointing out the fact.

April 20, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Thank you very much. I am not going to back down from these bullies who always want to maintain the status quo and wear blinders when anything involves cruelty from their fellow hunters. Us animal advocates have been marginalized and labeled for far too long and the gloves need to come off. When you consider killing to be a form of “recreation” is it really that much of a stretch to think that cruelty against animals is an offshoot of that? Just when I think that I have seen the worst of it, something even more horrifying comes along and hunters attack me when I put it out there. They need to police their own if they do not want this stuff getting out. Don’t shoot the messenger.

April 20, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I do believe “What goes around comes around” & someday-somehow these thugs will pay for their horrible crimes against animals.

April 20, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I agree with you Diane. God will get them- one way or the other. I don’t understand how that site works. Animal Connection is a great site.

3. Michele

April 20, 2012 at 6:39 pm

It must be a hunter who runs the site to allow them to bash but not allow others to speak up. Figures. One sided as always.

April 20, 2012 at 6:56 pm

No, actually Dr. Maughan, Brian Ertz, and Ken Cole of the wonderful Western Watersheds Project who run the site are actually outstanding wildlife advocates. The problem is that they have let the comments section be taken over by rabid pro-hunting types who act like they are superior to anyone else who comments that do not share their views. If we do not subscribe to the “killing is conservation” mindset we are labeled as “uninformed” or “ignorant.”

4. Suzanne Kledzik Dunham

April 20, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I totally agree with what you are doing. These kinds of horrors need to be posted “Front page and Center”. If the hunters don’t like our postings, then maybe they should think before they post their horror videos. What they do isn’t hunting, it’s slaughter!!!! It’s not like they are starving and need to eat because we all know that they are not eating their kills. They are deliberately torturing these animals to death and then laughing about it. There is not a drop of humanity in these people.

April 20, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Thanks Suzanne. This only make me want to expose more, because I know it is getting results. The hunting community can no longer claim that it is just “bad apples” or “isolated incidents” anymore since the internet came about. I could find literally hundreds of sick examples with just a simple search on YouTube. It’s gut check time for the hunting community. Do they want to keep apologizing for these thugs or are they finally going to speak out?

5. traeh79

April 21, 2012 at 2:04 am

No, you are not crazy. Just let’s get that straight first. Secondly, these hunters don’t want folks seeing, reading or even hearing about what goes on “out in them woods.” Because,my friends we love animals & when we EDUCATE ourselves & educate others we become the enemy, knowledge is power. My heart has grown very heavy for the very thought of these assholes hunting these poor creatures. I feel very helpless @ times to be honest. But strength in numbers!

April 21, 2012 at 2:18 am

Thanks for your support. Indeed we are the majority but we get labeled as crazy if we dare question the motives of the “great white hunter.” I am not saying that every hunter is like this, but their attacking the messenger pretty much tell me what I need to know. We are regressing as a society by allowing these barbaric activities to continue. The more that people see what is really happening when someone “harvests” or “dispatches” and animal the more people will stand up for what is right.

6. Stephanie Thigpin

April 25, 2012 at 12:25 am

Hunters are sociopaths, serial killers whose victims are Animals. Hunting needs to be banned forever, we are not living in the 17th century anymore, this murderous mindset is archaic! My god, humans need to evolve intellectually & start showing compassion for all of Earths creatures! These “great white hunters” are relics of the past, they are not relevant in the 21st century, they disgust me, I feel nothing but loathing & contempt for them all.

• su reeves

May 7, 2012 at 5:08 am

I so so agree with you! I am OUTRAGED at what people do. I am speechless!

7. su reeves

May 7, 2012 at 5:05 am

I wasn’t sure if i wanted to see behind the photo dreading a video that I knew would shock,sicken and enrage me. However,what you have written (thank God no video to watch!) still managed to do the above! The thought of worse than thugs LAUGHING and JEERING at what they had done fills me with SUCH anguish and anger! You were/are right to show such horrific videos. We all have the choice to STOP watching if we want (which is what I would have done had it been a video )but only because I’ve seen the horrors we humans can do.