Ted Nugent: Bear Poach Fever

21 Apr

Ted Nugent, convicted multiple time poacher and the true face of the modern "sportsman"
Photo by Lenny Francioni, via Wikimedia Commons

Cat Scratch Fever has been replaced with Bear Poach Fever for musician, gun nut, draft dodger, loud mouth conservative pundit, all-American “chicken hawk,” and multiple time poacher Ted Nugent.

Ted Nugent Pleads Guilty In Black Bear Kill

According to the article:

“Rocker and wildlife hunter Ted Nugent has agreed to plead guilty to transporting a black bear he illegally killed in southeast Alaska.”

“The plea agreement says Nugent illegally shot and killed the bear in May 2009 on Sukkwan Island days after wounding a bear in a bow hunt, which counted toward a state seasonal limit of one bear.”

“According to the agreement, first reported by the Anchorage Daily News, the six-day hunt was filmed for his Outdoor Channel television show, “Spirit of the Wild.” In the hunt, Nugent used a number of bear-baiting sites on U.S. Forest Service property, according to the agreement.”

“The document says Nugent knowingly possessed and transported the bear in misdemeanor violation of the federal Lacey Act.”

Poaching, baiting, illegal transport.  And I thought that Idaho wolf torturer Josh Bransford was the face of the face of the modern “sportsman.” I am now beginning too think that “Uncle Ted” better represents that with his antics and influence. This is not the first time Nugent was caught illegally killing wildlife. He was also charged originally in 2010 with 11 violations for illegally baiting and killing a deer in California. He ended up pleading guilty to two misdemeanors in that case and got off with a fine of $1,750.

Why this guy is not doing time behind bars is beyond me. He also got off with a slap on the wrist for the Alaska  poaching incident receiving a $10,000 fine and probation. On top of that he has to give a “public service announcement” during his kill fest of a television show reminding hunters to “follow the rules.” What does that say about the hunting community? Just last week he was investigated by the Secret Service for comments against President Obama and other government officials that many interpreted as threats. Nugent said last week “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.” If he keeps up his reckless hunting behavior and poaching he may get his wish.

Posted by on April 21, 2012 in Bears, National Wildlife Issues, Wildlife

Tags: , , , , ,

15 responses to “Ted Nugent: Bear Poach Fever

April 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Ah yes,Ted Nugent- the face of the truly American “slob hunter”. He is so pathetic he goes on Mike Huckabee’s show to do his mindless version of “Cat Scratch Fever”

April 21, 2012 at 1:42 pm

A song that seems to be about mindless sex and contracting a venereal disease. That sure sounds like part of those great American Christian values that Huckabee always preaches about when he isn’t out shooting stocked hand raised pheasants for a photo op. These right wing hypocrites make me want to puke.

• chance

April 21, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Is this bear poaching incident recent news? I haven’t heard about it until now…..

April 21, 2012 at 1:49 pm

According to the article the incident happened in 2009, and it was concluded this week. I wonder how many more incidents like this are out there for this hack?

• chance

April 21, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I read that the military cancelled a planned Nugent concert in front of troops in reaction to Nugent’s inflammatory remarks about the President. He’ll have to probably do another Mike Fuckabee show and play his pathetic muzak with one note Huckabee playing along on Bass…..Gee at this rate in a few years the only place he’ll have left to hunt and kill shit will be on his “wildlfie preserve”

2. onewolflover

April 21, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I find this absolutely wonderful…not for the animals he killed but for the black mark it put on all his reputation and so called ‘followers’ of the Nuge. While he touts he takes kids out to ‘enjoy’ the sport, how about giving them Nikkons and learn the real way to “shoot” an animal. Non lethal means. I am having so much fun rubbing this in a few faces. I even shot them the articles since everything anti-hunting that comes from me is BS in their eyes. Way to go Nuge! Idiot.

3. Michele

April 21, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Oh this is a real treat. The NUGE caught? OMG to laugh. Well that’s just wonderful (not for the animals of course) but for the black mark he just put on his show and all his little Nuggies that follow this ass. He brags how people should get their kids into the sport of shooting animals. Hey Nuge…how about buying them Nikkon cameras so they know the real way to shoot an animal — so they walk away and you still have the memory of “seeing” them. This is so much fun. I’m sending this to all my nay-sayers that swear everything out of my mouth is BS. Guess again buckos. Nuge got ROCKED! Too good. Doubt he’ll pay much though. Usually goes that way.

4. traeh79

April 21, 2012 at 5:00 pm

What an asshole ~ really, how many other critters has this douche bag killed that we don’t know about. I’m almost positive that there are so many poached animals in this country that we don’t know about. So many..

April 21, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Michael Feldman said this morning that Teddy had Mad Cow Disease. How about Hoof and Mouth. Alaska can’t stand the guy. Bring up Anchorage Daily News and read the article then see if you can’t get in and read the comments. What a blast. I subsc. to it online. Let’s take advantage of this one and condemn the NRA for having him on their board of directors. Unbelievable.

April 21, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I could never stand this guy or his music. I remember a music video back in the early 90’s for a groups that he played in called “Damn Yankees.” In the video is is playing a guitar solo and there are cops firing at hime with bullets hitting a building next to him. To bad that he was too much of a coward to face those bullets in Vietnam when it was his time to be drafted. He admitted that he literally crapped in his pants for a couple of weeks before his draft physical and they then rejected him on “medical grounds” because of it. What a patriot. Absolutely disgusting. I wonder if the soldier who was drafted in his place was killed or wounded. What a shameless piece of garbage. Next to shameless wildlife killers there is nothing I despise more than a chicken hawk. I served my time, and I am sick and tired of these scum who never wore the uniform a day in their life starting wars and sending soldiers to be killed or in the case of Nugent advocating war. This guy shows exactly what the National Redneck Association (NRA) is all about.

April 21, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I agree. I just got off the ADN site- 835 posts Good grief. It’ll take me 2 days to read them all. A few are suggesting he’s also a pedifile. My husband was a surgeon in Vietnam. Probably told you that. Died of cancer. Possibly agent orange. Just think of the damage this guy has done. Expose every bit of him.

April 21, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I never could stand this piece of garbage draft dodging pedophile. Just the sound of his voice or the look of that smug self righteous smirk on his face makes me want to puke. How can this nut not be incarcerated? Instead is is treated like some kind of right wing hero. What is wrong with this country?

7. Russel Ray Photos

May 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Love his music but dislike him as a person. Fortunately, I bought his music decades ago so I won’t be contributing to his royalties with any more purchases.

May 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I love rock music, but Nugent always made me sick. I remember hearing a couple of Damn Yankees tunes in the 90’s and I thought they were ok, but after seeing Nugent’s antics onstage then I swore that I would never purchase anything from that guy.

• Russel Ray Photos

May 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I haven’t bought anything of his after 1977’s “Cat Scratch Fever.” Now I’m wondering if the title of that album was prophetic. I have his first three albums.