Wisconsin You Made Your Bed, Now Lie In It

05 Jun

I couldn’t resist posting this.

**Update** Finally some good news. It looks like Republican Senator Van Wanggaard of Racine has just lost the recall election against him. The Democrats will have majority in the senate for at least the rest of the year. I cannot understate how important this is to keeping Walker’s extremist agenda at bay. Patricia and I met with Wanggaard’s staff before the wolf kill bill was voted on and saw that he had pictures of his dog in his office. He obviously loves his dog. Ironically the next day he voted for the wolf kill bill. At least we get a little taste of Karma tonight.

The biggest losers tonight in Wisconsin? Public employees, minorities, our environment, and our wildlife. What is wrong with the people in Wisconsin? One of the most divisive people in the history of politics has turned neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend, and family against family. And now he and his supporters smugly rub it in their opponents faces. I ask the Walker supporters one thing: was it worth it? I was a public employee for almost 14 years before my position was eliminated. I may have received generous benefits, but I also missed birthdays, family events, and holidays in order to serve my community so YOU could have a safe community. Why are we the enemy? Who is going to want to work in public service now that we are viewed as the enemy and have such venom directed our way? Is this what our country has become? Those who protect, serve, teach, and provide essential services to our fellow citizens are now the enemy? Walker voters, I don’t want to hear one word about how long you had to wait in line at the DMV because of staff shortages. I don’t want to hear one word from Walker supporters about it taking twice as long to get your taxes filed, or get roads repaired. What about when your 911 call is mishandled because quality employees will no longer want to work for public agencies? Welcome to Scott Walker’s world of austerity. What quality employees are going to make themselves the enemy of the majority of citizens just by taking a job?

Walker and his allies have already declared war on unions, wolves, wildlife, women, the environment and anyone who doesn’t follow their agenda. What is next? Clean drinking water is even optional under this guy. Who or what is next on the chopping block? Wisconsin you made your decision. You chose this man to continue to lead this state. Be proud. When reality sets in and this state falls flat on it’s face, please stand by your vote. When “John Doe” is finally unmasked and led away in handcuffs, please stand by your vote. I am standing by mine.

Wisconsin you made your bed, now lie in it.

Posted by on June 5, 2012 in Wisconsin Insanity

16 responses to “Wisconsin You Made Your Bed, Now Lie In It

June 5, 2012 at 10:04 pm

36% of union households voted for walker. If the Repubs had a clear majority in the Senate and the votes to pass it- Walker would make Wisconsin a right to work state. Talk about people voting against their own better interests…..What are these people thinking……Walker is just bogus

2. Diane

June 5, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Barrett just said “Never-ever stop doing what you think is right! ” So many in WI fought the good fight. So disappointing Walker won, also Moulton the co-sponsor of the wolf kill bill winning by a large margin is scary.

3. Maureen

June 5, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I’m utterly dumbfounded that Walker won. SMH

June 5, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Honestly, I’m not surprised. This state is not the Wisconsin that I grew up in. There has been this vicious and venomous mindset that has reared it’s ugly head over the past decade here. Just look at the permissive attitude toward animal cruelty, drunk driving, and other nefarious activities. I’m afraid that this state has crossed a line that we will not be able to go back from. The sheer venom that Walker supporters are directing toward public employees and other Walker opponents is disgusting. The results of this election will only make that worse. Of course most of these are just internet trolls who are bad-asses behind their computer screen but the sentiment is truly scary. I am truly ashamed at being a Wisconsin citizen after tonight. Why would people vote against their own interests for a man who couldn’t give two $hits about them unless they were a big money donor or have the last name Koch? This will come back to bite Wisconsin. Mark my words.

4. L

June 6, 2012 at 12:11 am

36% of union households voted for Walker? Are they insane? Has stupidity reached new heights? Canada looks better and better each day…

5. L

June 6, 2012 at 12:18 am

My feeling is that the Democrats lose because they focus too much on the middle class. But the middle class think they are in the upper class. Does any party care about the lower class? The Democrats SHOULD as the lower class are the ones that usually benefit from our niceness and decency toward the human race. If they turned out to vote, Walker would have lost. Who were those 25% that didn’t vote? And why didn’t they? Someone should find out before the Presidential election rolls around.

I, too, am embarrassed that Wisconsin is turning into a red state. I thought Tommy Thompson was bad…

June 6, 2012 at 1:13 am

I am at a point where I think the the citizens who were foolish enough to vote for these hacks need to suffer like the rest of us have. Just wait until the job numbers crash again in the state and the quality of public service declines significantly. Why give 100% for citizens who look at you as the enemy and despise you because you took a job? The right wing always talks about us being jealous of the 1% but here they are being jealous of what public employees get. Just wait. Walker is not done raking the public employees over the coals. Any bets that there will soon be another budget “crisis” and that 5.8% the employees pay will soon be over 10%? There will be another “budget repair bill” within months. Surplus my ass. I am more convinced than ever that the right wing will not be satisfied until all of us are working for minimum wage and living in shanty towns while a very small number hoard all of the wealth. I may sound like a sore loser and in some respects I am but it makes me very sad to see my state becoming nothing more than a test bed for the most extreme right wing policies in the country.

June 6, 2012 at 12:30 am

rali – There aren’t enough people hurting yet. Wait till they go after the rights of the private sector. It will happen. This election was bought by millionaires that want to make slaves out of the workers. Not only that, but to keep them uneducated. Also, in 20 yrs. the whites will be a minority. I think that has a lot to do with the Republican agenda. Suppress them- don’t let them vote. Also the college kids. They can’t find a job. I think they’ll be”takin it to the streets”. Things will cool off for a while, then it will get rough when Scotty reveals his plans. But there is one group that is going to watch him like a hawk- that’s the deer hunters. They fear the Deer Czar. I was at Dem head qrtrs and my friend said the NRA was telling their members to vote for Barrett because they don’t want hunting privatised[sp?]. Let the deer hunters have him.

June 6, 2012 at 1:03 am

I think you are 100% right that much of this comes down to the race issue. Since I lost my job I have been letting my Wisconsin retirement money sit in the system. I am now seriously considering taking it out so that Walker and how goons cannot get their hands on it. There have been rumblings that Walker wants to “reform” the entire Wisconsin Retirement System. In other words raid it. I got a bad feeling about this guy when he was running for governor in 2010 and his actions have only made me even more concerned about his motives. I would be willing to bet that “right to work” is going to be the top priority if Walker and his goons over the next few months. The private sector is going to get a taste of what happened to the public sector. I just cannot understand why people would vote against their own interests like this. When the rest of the public turns against Walker it won’t be pretty, and I would be willing to bet that it will happen sooner than we think. Walker and his goons just cannot help themselves. They think that they now have a mandate to ram through even more extreme right wing legislation and they will start very soon. Mark my words.

June 6, 2012 at 1:17 am

Obama is going to have a rough time of it. He will need every vote and I’m going to let him and every DCCC phone caller know that he had better put the wolf back on the ESA if he knows what is good for him. Care 2 has 19 mil members for God’s sake. These people know what is going on. Same with the pipeline.How can you like Obama and Scotty at the same time? I can’t fathom that.

8. Della munnich

June 6, 2012 at 2:06 am

Very disappointed in the people of Wisconsin.

June 6, 2012 at 2:45 am

I wish I could say that I am surprised, but I am not. This state has become a bastion for right wing hatred for the past couple of years. Walker is exactly the kind of smug, self-righteous jerk that twenty years ago would have been laughed out of the state. Today, he is apparently some kind of “hero” for the right wing. How times have changed. The Democrats better get on the ball and find a way to counter these right wing fascists or this country is in deep trouble if the Walker agenda gets implemented on the national level. As the saying goes:

“When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross”?

This sure sounds like the definition of Scott Walker. We will all be working for the Koch Brothers at minimum wage if things don’t change.

9. Animal Connection

June 6, 2012 at 2:16 am

Sending my deepest sympathies to the citizens of Wisconsin.

10. Melissa Smith

June 6, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Exactly. The entire goal of the walker agenda is to allow all things public to deteriorate so that they can be sold off for a song to the private for profit sector. The real loser basically is any idea of democracy. When all of our public stuff is gone, when we have nothing left, and when we can only get mail or go to school or go to a park or get into a library if we can pay for it, no, not with our collected public good tax dollars like we used to, but in cash, and not for everybody but just for those with enough money, well, we are essential in libertarian fascist hell because nothing is about society or the public, we are not citizens, just consumers, and we are only as valuable as what we can buy, what they can make us pay for,….the idea that some things are not for sale, the idea that the government belongs to and works for the people, the idea that publicist good and can be great, that’s what is lost,….walker supporters have fallen for the neoliberal lie that private is better than public. They can’t seem to grasp that this only works if you are a white male millionaire

June 6, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I cannot wait to hear the whining from Walker supporters when this state falls on its face or when he is indicted. How can people be so gullible? Just look at the guy. That smug smirk on his face says it all. Don’t be surprised to see a flurry of bad news about Wisconsin’s economy and job numbers come out in the next few days. And watch that “surplus” magically disappear. If this type of corporate fascism is what the citizens of Wisconsin want then it is on them when it comes crashing down. We did our job and voted our conscience. Let the Walker supporters reap what they sow.

June 6, 2012 at 2:17 pm

So much for an informed electorate……