Ironic Moment of the Day

06 Jun

While taking a walk today, I happened upon two guys arguing with each other in the parking lot at a complex of low income, taxpayer subsidized apartments up the road from where I live. One of the guys I have seen before as he drives a large white conversion van that has disabled plates in the back and (illegally) has a NRA supporter plate in the front. The van also has animal killing stickers, NRA slogans, and “I Stand With Scott Walker” stickers all over the windows. The owner of the van, in his early to mid-40’s, mullet and all, lives at the apartment complex and is said to be “disabled.” How he is disabled is unknown but he seems to get around just fine. I know this from my time as a dispatcher and having to deal with him that he is not a disabled veteran and he has lived at the taxpayer subsidized complex for several years.

I saw that the argument was heated and ever the nosy prick that I am I took out my headphones so that I could attempt to listen in. Mr. “Disabled” NRA man was yelling that “It’s about time that those freeloading union thugs pay their own way.” Then he says “I am tired of my tax money paying for the socialist freeloaders.”

Oh, the irony!

Posted by on June 6, 2012 in Wisconsin Insanity

6 responses to “Ironic Moment of the Day

1. Maureen

June 6, 2012 at 7:39 pm

We’ll see if he still supports Walker when the SOB privatizes everything. Because when that happens, Mr. Mullet’s apartment will no longer be subsidized.

June 6, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I just could not believe what I was hearing. This is not the first Walker supporter that I have seen who is on disability or getting some other type of government assistance. Do these people realize that they are cutting off their own nose to spite their face? Do they really think that people like Walker will not soon come after their entitlements? I hope that this is just an odd phase Wisconsin is going through but I have lived the stupidity of Wisconsin fro all of my life and nothing surprises me anymore.

2. Sandra McGee

June 6, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Thank You Maureen, people are so stupid & they really believe that shit they see on T.V. Boy are they in for a really big surprize with dickwad walker.

June 6, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Just wait until “John Doe” is unmasked and led away in handcuffs. Mark my words there will be news about horrible job numbers in Wisconsin coming out soon. We will also see that the “surplus” will soon become a deficit that needs another “budget repair bill.” We haven’t seen anything yet. The Walker supporters are acting like they achieved some huge personal victory. Lets see if they feel the same way in a few months.

June 7, 2012 at 12:52 am

As long as he doesn’t hunt and is poor as a church mouse so he’s not putting money where his mouth is.

June 7, 2012 at 11:19 am

Wisconsin bends over backwards for “disabled” hunters so he probably does. There was a story in my local newspaper a year or two ago about a blind man going hunting and killing animals. WTF!!! That tells you right there it is all about killing. You would think that someone with a disability would be sympathetic to the plight of other vulnerable animals. I guess not.