I make no secret that I am not a big fan of hunting and the culture that surrounds it. I am also smart enough to know that not all hunters are the same. Unfortunately, we rarely hear from the ethical hunters who also despise the “horn porn” wildlife exploitation and persecution that we are seeing in our society from sport/trophy hunters, hounders, and trappers. Today, we received a comment from site reader and ethical hunter, Chris. Chris needs to be listened to because he knows exactly what he is talking about. This is his call to action:
“I’m a hunter, many of you are likely offended by that, regardless, I am adamantly opposed to this barbarity, I was raised as a hunter, by a hunter, who in turn had been raised by hunters, who had been raised by hunters, to look upon such low men(game hounders)in exactly the same fashion that felons in state prisons regard child rapers, and pedophiles, which is to say, as slime undeserving of even the most basic of human courtesy and respect!
You folks need to listen to me on this, “they” are going to proceed ahead with this! You will not succeed in stopping anything by just hoping for a lawsuit, or by simply venting your rage via the www. You must get up, and get in their faces, you must be highly organized, and focused. The cattlemans association owns all of Wisconsins LEA’s, and as demonstrated by the governors signing of this bill, most of the legislature! You need to drag this into the only court that matters, the court of public opinion! You need to identify just who the thrill killers are, then post their images along with their names, and addresses to the www, so that they may come to live in fear! You must stay ruthlessly focused on punishing Wisconsin business for this black outrage, you can do this by establishing which big businesses are most vulnerable to boycotts, and then targeting them until the state gets the message. You must do exactly the same with the Wisconsin tourism industry. You can do this by organizing students on college campuses coast to coast, they must commit to boycotting “absolutely” any Wisconsin beer, dairy, or beef products!
Finally, you must understand that neither political party is your friend, it was Obama himself that has brought this about, he did so in the hope of obtaining western state votes for certain western state democratic politicians who were thought to be “soft” on killing wolves! This was what prompted Butch Otter to kill off all of Idahos gray wolves(they killed 570 of some 600). You can never trust any politician, ever!”
For the record WE VOW does not condone the publishing of addresses. That being said most exploitative hunters and trappers tend put post pictures of their kills all over the internet just as Idaho wolf torturer Josh Bransford did. If this opens them up to criticism then so be it.
A boycott is another matter all together. We need to start a boycott of any and all business that openly support hounding or wolf killing. We also need to avoid all Wisconsin products, including tourism. Start with Wisconsin cranberries. The Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association was a big supporter of the wolf kill bill. The Wisconsin Farm Bureau was also a big supporter of this bill. Chris is right the only court that really matters is the court of public opinion.
This is what we are asking from you.
- Whenever I come across a story about wolves I will be posting it on this site. We need you to leave comments that counter the constant stream of anti-wolf propaganda that usually follow these stories with FACTS.
- Next, we need you to tell your friends and family what is happening to the wolves in Wisconsin and across the nation. I am astounded at how the vast majority of people that I come across have no idea what is happening to wolves here and in the rest of the country. They are absolutely horrified at Wisconsin’s plan to use packs of vicious dogs on wolves.
- Write your local newspapers to spread the word about what is happening to our wolves.
- Contact local television news stations and demand that they give this story attention.
- Contact the national media outlets and ask why they are ignoring this slaughter of wolves.
- Keep on both your state and federal legislators about this issue.
- Remind people that groups like the kill everything Wisconsin Wildlife Federation are NOT pro-wildlife.
- Contact the national pro-wildlife groups and demand that they take a stronger stance for wolves.
- Finally BOYCOTT all Wisconsin products and tourism, and ask your friends and family to do the same.
If anyone else has any suggestions on how we can get the word out please do not hesitate to leave a comment or use the “Contact Us” link at the top. Our wolves need your help, please spread this far and wide.