**URGENT** Living Wildlife Advocates: We Need Your Help **URGENT**

14 Jun

Our wildlife in Wisconsin and across the nation are under siege. While there are hundreds of animal welfare groups out there we seem to have no concept about how to coordinate. This is why we keep losing to the massive  coordination, outreach, and funding that hunting and trapping groups are able to muster.

We NEED your help.

We need to get ALL animal welfare groups on the same page and to speak as ONE voice. This is what the hunting groups do, and that is a major reason for their success. Enough of the vegan vs vegetarian arguments. Enough of the dog vs cat arguments. We are ALL in this together and every one of us living wildlife advocates must realize that ALL wildlife is part of the web of life, and all of it is under assault by bloodthirsty special interests. We even have some hunters on our side. We NEED to coordinate and pool our resources in a true grassroots way.

All of us talk a big game, but no one wants to take the reigns and pull it all together. I am willing to step up. Are you? The Republicans and Republican-lite Democrats do not care what we think. We need to make them care. While a large majority of Americans approve of sustenance hunting, they do not approve of the most barbaric of methods used such as hounding and trapping. The majority also do not like sport or trophy hunting. We need to use that public opinion to our advantage. The hounders and trappers with the help of groups like the deceptively named hunting group, The Wisconsin Wildlife Federation, have almost total control of the Wisconsin Legislature. There is a widespread notion that the Wisconsin Wildlife Federation is a pro-wildlife group because they are affiliated with the National Wildlife Federation. The Wisconsin Wildlife Federation is NOT pro-wildlife. They are pro-killing wildlife and are staunch supporters of hounding, trapping, and killing most of the wolf population. We need you to inform people of what the true motive of this group is. This is the group that dominates wildlife decisions in Wisconsin because most people do not realize that they are a hunting group federation. If you love wildlife DO NOT give this group once cent until they represent ALL wildlife enthusiasts, not just hunters, trappers, and hounders.

The Wisconsin Wildlife Federation does one thing right: they know how to fundraise and organize. Why can’t we do the same thing?

If you know anyone who loves living wildlife, please ask them to get involved. WE VOW is only three and a half months old, so our influence is very limited. Our goal is to set up tables at various gatherings to spread the word about the war on our wildlife. This takes time and funding. We ask that if anyone can help, please contact us or use the donate button on the side. If you have any contacts with other living wildlife or animal welfare groups please ask them to join with us in this struggle. Wildlife is under assault like never before, and now is not the time for petty differences. We need ALL living wildlife advocates to band together in this fight.

Please contact us here:

19 responses to “**URGENT** Living Wildlife Advocates: We Need Your Help **URGENT**

1. Maureen

June 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Do you have a Facebook page? I just searched for you there, but came up with nothing. Have you thought about starting one? I’m very active on the anti-hunting/wildlife-lovers scene there, and advocate for wildlife all over the world along with many of my FB friends. I for sure would follow your page, and would help promote it.

I’ve just shared this post.

June 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm

We plan to get a Facebook page up soon. It has just been so crazy trying to go from crisis to crisis. Wildlife is under siege and we have to all step up and fight back. I will post on the site when we get the FB page up. We are also working on getting non-profit status to make it easier to organize.

• Maureen

June 14, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Yes, we do have to step up and fight back. As far as I’m concerned, Earth is the only home we and our non-human animal brethren have, and we are all in this together. It makes no difference to me whether the wildlife under siege is in Wisconsin, Australia, Canada, or anywhere else. To put my money where my mouth is, I’ve just made a small donation. I hope it helps your cause.

June 14, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Thank you so much. Rest assured that every penny we get goes to help spread the word.

• Maureen

June 14, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Go get ’em, tiger!!!

June 14, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Maureen,

What I have found is that throughout our planet’s history is that nature is amazingly resilient and can fight back like no other. Our species is too arrogant to realize that we are just an evolutionary flash in the pan and we can die off as fast as we appeared. We cannot continue to keep doing to the planet what we have. Nature will fight back. We can destroy with our guns, bulldozers, bombs, etc, but all it will take to destroy us is one little microbe or virus. We better learn to work in harmony with our environment or our species will not survive. I used to think that this kind of talk was just crazy but I realize more and more each year what we are doing to this planet. We are now at 7 billion people. 7 billion! Talk about an invasive species. We are lucky that there are people like you and I who actually care what we are doing to this planet. Imagine if none of us had a conscience what would happen.

• onewolflover

June 15, 2012 at 3:10 pm

REALLY need to get that non-profit status up. We can network better with money and people are more likely to contribute in these tough times if they can take it off their taxes. PLUS try to get set up with a pay pal account. I hear it’s easy enough to do if you are 503(c). Many people use pay pal now instead of credit cards. Don’t know why, but I’ve seen many dog groups post with pay pal and those that don’t are told that they would like to donate, but can only use pay pal due to no credit cards. Just a t hought. FB is really important too. I have a ton of wolf friends who will give what they can.

Michele

2. Della munnich

June 14, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I did leave a comment, but I will try again. I appreciate all you do, and please leave wildlife info, and I will facebook, and email on. I have many friends that feel the same as I/we feel. We must organize,

June 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Thank you. We are ring to try to kick things into high gear and work extra hard to get the word out about wildlife abuses. Please share on Facebook our stories. Every little bit helps to spread the word.

3. Diane

June 14, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I have downloaded & copied your membership form & will take it with me to share with others. I will place it in my place of business. The form has a great mission statement which is inspirational & motivating. I hope people will be stirred to action. I have always been an outspoken advocate for wildlife, but this recent assault on wildlife means as many people as possible must step up to the plate to join so as to create a movement which will make a difference.

June 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Thank you for your help. We need to make the public see what is really occurring with wildlife.

4. Lauraine Wilson

June 14, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Maybe I’m wrong, but I have noticed that there is a distinct lack of support for the plight of the wolves from many, if not all, of the large wildlife organizations. I am very puzzled as to why this is. Until the wolves of the world are recognized as being essential to the health of the ecosystems in which they live, people will be generally indifferent or even hostile towards the idea of conserving them. I plan to write to some of the larger wildlife charities and find out just what their position is on this issue. It would be great if a well-known individual or organization picked up on this and began shouting long and loud on the wolves’ behalf.

June 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm

We have been trying for months to get the HSUS or other large groups to help us. Mostly all we get is lip service and excuses as to why they cannot file a lawsuit. I would love for one of them to get on board but I am not holding my breath.

5. Animal Connection

June 15, 2012 at 1:21 am

Reblogged this on Animal Connection.

June 15, 2012 at 1:32 am

rali- I e-mailed NWF 2yrs. ago and asked them about the Wi Wildlife Federation and they are not connected. But in their magazine they were mentioned. Born Free is a good group. I hear from them all the time. The Timber Wolf Alliance has their hands tied but still send out statements on my FB. I called the Wi WF on the carpet in March in a comment in our local newspaper. Phil Hands had a great cartoon in the Wi ST Journal the other day about the wolves recalling the DNR. We need more letters to the editor at the Journal.

June 15, 2012 at 1:37 am

I agree. We really need to step up the pressure. There are so many people out there who have no clue what is happening with the wolves. When I tell them what WI wants to allow they are horrified. Our state has legalized dog fighting and it seems like the national media doesn’t care. I guess it is up to us to spread the word.

June 15, 2012 at 1:39 am

The WI Wildlife Federation lists themselves as an affiliate of the NWF. The NWF told Patricia that they have no control over their affiliates. What? Then why let them associate with you?

7. Trish

June 19, 2012 at 11:18 pm

If we work together and find those people like ranchers who work with the animals versus killing them just because they can we make a step in the right direction. We all have one goal and that is to live with the wolves, this is their land too!