The Bear Hounder Responds

09 Jul

I just received another comment from the bear hounder in the previous post. I normally would not post these type of comments, but I will let you make of this what you will:

“My full comment did not post! I did not come to this sight to whine, at the end of the statement. I just had two of bear hounds killed by wolves and i should be the first to say kill all the wolves! But thats not what i actually want! People want them down to a manageable level! The state right now can not sustain the wolf population at current levels! All species have to be managed. And as for the hair in the scat its pretty damn easy to tell it apart from other animals. You just proved your ignorance on what you assume the situation is! Like i said before leave the city and actually come to the northwoods and learn what the people want and talk to us bear hunters. As for the nice fat check comment, you can not put a price on a family memeber! To me my hounds are family! I raise them from puppies and train them myself!! If it wasnt a case of them being family members i wouldn keep the ones that are now 15 yrs old, and i wouldnt bring them in the house when it gets cold in winter!! You dont want hunters to judge all you tree hugging, anti hunters….. Dont judge hound hunters!”

I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t let my family members run rampant in the woods terrorizing wildlife and putting their lives in danger. Wow you bring them inside when it is cold. And you want praise for taking care of your dogs as you should? You train them to terrorize and kill wildlife and you want us to view this positively?Can you put a price on the life of the bear cub that you blast out of a tree? Oh that’s right you can! You don’t want us to judge hounders, but you call living wildlife advocates “tree huggers” and assume we are live in the “city” and are “ignorant?” Pot meet kettle. I along with most of the readers of this blog live in and around rural areas in Wisconsin. That includes the north. What makes you think that you have a monopoly on wildlife and how it should be “managed?” In case you didn’t know, hounders are not viewed very favorably among most citizens in this state, nor among the hunting community in general. They may be in small enclaves in the northern part of the state but in the rest of the state they are viewed with well deserved disdain. 5.6 million people, 1.4 million plus deer, and 800 wolves? I think that the state can “sustain” the wolf population just fine. If the state can sustain hundreds of packs of dogs rampaging loose through the woods through most of the year terrorizing wildlife, they can live with 800 wolves. The only species that needs to be managed are the two-legged species. We are the ONLY threat to a healthy ecosystem, not wolves.

You are on the wrong website if you think that bear hounders are not going to be judged here. There are plenty of other sites where you can swap stories of blowing bear cubs out of a tree after hounding them to exhaustion. This isn’t one of them.

17 responses to “The Bear Hounder Responds

July 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm

What a fuck&*^ idiot. Let’s get this straight SLOB Hounder. You put your fleabag mutts in a wolf’s territory and then you ask why you shouldn’t want all wolves dead? What an idiot. Why should we not expect your selfish, stupid, lazy viewpoint on predators and a healthy ecosystem?
    You are not “sportsmen”. Hunters don’t like you. We don’t like you. Why don’t you drop dead!

2. L

July 9, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I think we can agree to disagree without being hateful, as much as we disagree with hunters on wildlife management. Don’t give them another reason to call us names.

• traeh79

July 10, 2012 at 7:36 pm

It is NOT going to happen. Look @ Obama trying to compromise with Re-puke-a-Thugs. Didn’t happen. These people are Re-pub-lick-cans. They know no other way. I personally am sick & tired of being nice. NO MORE!

3. wils

July 10, 2012 at 8:47 am

wolves are not the problem, it’s intolerant people that are the problem! Wolves are NOT running rampant here in northern WI, and I’m about as far north as you can get!

July 10, 2012 at 9:00 am

Hunters, Trappers, and Ranchers will use any excuse to try to justify the bogus claim of wolves needing to be managed….One thing is obvious. These Bear Hounders are disgusting human beings. Just about every one is illiterate- so it is hard to take their arguments serious when they “destroy” the English Language.

July 10, 2012 at 9:02 am

Why do these idiots call us “tree huggers.” As if caring and questioning how these SLOB hunters kill animals is inappropriate or wrong.

July 10, 2012 at 9:07 am

They call us “tree huggers” but they are the ones who play dress up by donning their little cammo outfits so they can blend in with the trees to ambush the big bad turkeys. Who is really “hugging” a tree?

6. della munnich

July 10, 2012 at 10:48 am

I see stupidity! Help! So many need education. The question is where does one begin. Teach our young, and hope it is not to late.

7. Sandra McGee

July 10, 2012 at 7:32 pm

“All species have to be managed.” << WHO made you God, Allah, Buddha, or whomever ??? I mean – really if it weren't for hunters & whiny ass farmers, I think (I know) NATURE takes CARE of it self. Humans have to be managed or another good word would be "REGULATED." Give me a fucking break – – I cannot tell you how sick I am of the stupid ass excuse "come & live in the country – you don't know what your talking about because you live in the city." Same excuses every argument. Do YOU hunters know how to read & take in information ???? You should try it sometime – there are plenty of folks who spend their WHOLE life studying wolves, bears, mountain lions, raccoons, or whatever you may have …….. I don't try & tell my Dr. that he or she really does not know what they are talking about. So when people who QUESTION the ETHICS of a WOLF HUNT or a BEAR HUNT – I listen & then I speak for those who can't. Because, with idiots like you – we have to keep on fighting to keep ALL of the wildlife safe from harms way.
    I really just wish that ALL of you would go away – but I know that won't happen. So I will keep on fighting for the wolf, bear & all the rest of the creatures that were put on this earth for a reason.
    I'm going to come up & manage you – what do you think about that. ????

8. traeh79

July 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Case in point — “The bill itself was admitted to have been written by the Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association and their seven lawyers.”

9. shirley clements

July 10, 2012 at 8:06 pm

ALERT!
    I have been emailing National Wildlife Federation about Wisconsin Wildlife Federation (for hunters not wildlife) and their affiliation. The VP of Conservation Programs doesn’t see a problem with the wolf hunt in Wisconsin and said:
    “Thank you for your input; we do appreciate your concerns. Also, since we are a big tent organization some of our most important advocates are hunters.” and “We do thank you for your feedback and we hope that we can work together on many areas of common interest even if we cannot agree on the hunting issue.”
    What a lazy reply. I don’t even think NWF looked into it for the grim details of the wolf hunt or worse yet didn’t bother because they are now hunter advocates too.
    DON’T DONATE to NWF as well as WWF! They are do not live up to their written policies on wildlife protection based on scientific conservation.
    Spread the word.

July 10, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Thanks Shirley. When you visit the NWF site you see nothing about hunting, trapping or hounding. They make you think that they are wildlife advocates when they are really in bed with people like George Meyer and the Wisconsin Wildlife Federation. There are many other organizations out there who actually do care about wildlife and don’t support what this group apparently does. That is where my money would go.

July 11, 2012 at 12:22 am

Oh pleeeeze judge me a wolf hugger- the more you condemn{sp} me for my opinion , the more I learn about you. Many dogs are shot after the hunt is over- and by the way , it’s not a hunt. It’s a viscious inhumane persuit to the death. The wolves are in the way of your chase and now you want to shoot them like criminals. Well Mr. Hounder, you are the criminal.

July 11, 2012 at 12:31 am

What got me is how he tried to show how “humane” he was by actually allowing his dogs into the house when it was bitter cold. My dog is my family and she is ALWAYS inside, as any true member of the family should be. Of course she isn’t trained to chase and torment other animals either. In fact she gets dominated by our bunny and wants to be friends with every animal that she meets but that is another story. As for the bear hounders, I know for a fact that many of them run backyard puppy mills and I highly doubt that their dogs are treated like “family.” Would you let your kids run rampant through the woods chasing wild animals that could kill them? Of course not, but hounders do this throughout most of the year. They are just another weapon that these sadists use to torture wildlife. I don’t blame the dogs they are just trying to please the one who gets the true pleasure out of tormenting wildlife.

July 11, 2012 at 12:31 am

Thanks Shirley, I’ll cut my ties with them. rali- what is the Timberwolf Alliance doing? I think they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

July 11, 2012 at 12:37 am

It has been eerily quiet with all of the groups, including the tribes. There have been rumors of this being challenged in court, but nothing has come to light yet. Tomorrow, I am going to put up a copy of the written testimony that Prof. Adrian Treves of the UW Nelson Institute is presenting to the Natural Resources Board next week. It is a very damning indictment of this whole shame of a process. Prof. Treves is very concerned that that the wolf population will be knocked UNDER 350 this year because of poaching, over hunting and death from natural causes. In fact he believes that it is highly likely that the wolves in Wisconsin will be relished because of this. If that happens this state should NEVER be given “management” of wolves again. Scott Suder and his ild have proven that Wisconsin is incapable of having control of the gray wolf. It is shameful.

July 11, 2012 at 1:47 am

Did signOn let you know they have over 7,000 sigs. on the Sportmans Heritage Act? Paul Torrence is looking for someone to deliver the sigs. to Kohl and Johnsons staff.. I thought Prof. Treves said there would be a lawsuit.