WTF! A Bear Hounder Comes to This Site To Whine

09 Jul

As a pro-living wildlife website we often get comments from hunters and trappers who try to justify their activities through various ways. Most of the time they end up in the spam folder where they belong. Some times I just have to share certain ones. This is one of them. The comment that follows is the first time a bear hounder actually had the nerve to come on this site and whine about wolves eating every animal in the forest and having two of his bear hounds killed. Anyone who reads this site regularly knows that this is the last place a bear hounder should come for sympathy or to whine about their activities. Here is the comment from someone named Shane Thiel that showed up for approval this evening:

“The comments on this article are a joke right? Are you people really that bland to what is really happening? Wisconsin needs this wolf hunt and should have had it long ago already!! You think hunters are in charge? Wow!! If hunters were honestly in charge the wolf would have never been allowed back in Wisconsin! I have also found wolf scat with elk, bear, deer, and moose hair in it! If the wolves are not managed those animals will be gone! I suggest getting out of the city and actually travel to northern Wisconsin!! People are not blaming the low deer numbers on wolves, even though they are part of the problem, the DNRs antlerless hunts is the main reason for low population numbers. I recently just had two of my bear hounds killed by wolves and should be the first one to say”

While I love all animals, especially canines, I really have a hard time finding sympathy for a bear hounder having his dogs killed by wolves. I am sure that to alleviate his pain and suffering he got a nice fat check from the DNR for his “beloved” dogs. I also knew that bear hounders were full of shit, but I never knew that they were experts in the contents of it. Apparently a wolf poop DNA test comes with hounder licenses today. That wolf sure had a diverse diet. Wild animals eating other wild animals. The nerve! Wolves are going to eat all of the bears now too! I didn’t know that. How dare nature be nature.

This is exactly the misinformation and flat out lies that are being spread by anti-wolf factions across the country. This guy at least admits that hunters are the true enemy of the wolf and that they shouldn’t have been “allowed” back into Wisconsin in the first place. It takes quite a bit of nerve for a bear hounder to think that he would have any credibility with living wildlife advocates.

Posted by on July 9, 2012 in Hunting, Trapping, Wisconsin Insanity, Wolves

8 responses to “WTF! A Bear Hounder Comes to This Site To Whine

July 9, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Gee- these SLOB Hounders are really something. They know nothing about healthy ecosystems. What kind of an idiot needs to use hounds with tracking devices to find and then kill wild animals, and then whines when hounds are killed by wolves. We are on to you SLOB Hounders. You re disgusting SLOBs and you deserve all the criticism and contempt that you get.

2. wils

July 10, 2012 at 8:41 am

ya know they live in a twisted world! I’m in northern WI and haven’t seen or heard a wolf yet, but have seen plenty of deer…… The DNR does NOT know how to manage anything

3. traeh79

July 10, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Bear Hounders SUCK! Go away – this site is for folks who appreciate wildlife – not KILLING wildlife.

July 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Thank you. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

July 11, 2012 at 12:38 am

I actually, I want to know what they are thinking. I think you should still print them. Know your enemy by keeping them close by.

July 11, 2012 at 12:44 am

When I get an especially outrageous one like this I like to put it into a post. I don’t approve posts that spew pro-killing propaganda in the comments section. That section is reserved for us living wildlife advocates. If they want to send us their ridiculous rants, I will happily put them in a post so that we can see what these people are all about.

5. onewolflover

July 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm

What I always chuckle at is when they say “you people need to (get out of the city/come to the wilderness/never know what it’s like in the wild…etc., etc.). I am FROM that God forsaken state of Wyoming. I KNOW what hunters are like. I KNOW ethical hunters who would not shoot anything unless it was for subsitance hunting and say if you kill it, you better be able to eat it. I know, hunting for anything is tough on some, but there are good hunters who also believe wolves should be off limits. Will they ever touch this blog? Probably not. They don’t care what other hunters are ranting and raving about. They care about the law, the proclamations and making sure that their kills are clean. No suffering or don’t shoot. My Grandfather was one such man. But even if they are more concerned with the law, their hearts say wolves are like our dogs. How could you even do that to something so wonderful? Just amazes me that none of us know what it’s like in the wild areas that our wolves call home.

July 11, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I never had an issue with sustenance hunting. I don’t like hunting in general, but there are some types that are far more deplorable than others. I welcome comments from ethical hunters who support wolves and other predators. It is the slob hunters and trappers that I want nothing to do with. Those are the ones that we see and hear from all of the time, not the sustenance hunters. Hounders, trappers, trophy hunters, and sport hunters are the lowest of the low. And there are plenty of powerful groups out there pushing their agenda. Do they really think that being more and more extreme each year that they are helping the cause of hunters? The true non-slob ethical hunters need to speak up and ostracize the slobs in their ranks, especially the hounders, predator killers, and trappers.