11 Jul

Time to HOWL for our Wolves!!!!

From wildlife advocate Melissa:

I need as many of you as I can to be present for the Natural Resources Board Meeting to be outside, with signs, protesting the wolf hunt. All materials will be provided. Please message me if you can attend and here are the details. The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board, the policy-making body for the Department of Natural Resources, will meet at 9 a.m. on July 17 (PDF)in the Spruce/Sands room at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 1001 Amber Ave., Stevens Point, to consider an emergency administrative rule setting the final parameters of a fall 2012 wolf hunting season in the state. You may also register to testify, ask me how. The pro-wolf hunting people will be there in much larger numbers and we HAVE to make an impact NOW!!!!

If you are interested in attending for the wolves please contact Melissa at:

madisonagility@hotmail.com

I would be there but this is one of the downfalls of no longer being part of the ranks of the unemployed. Please do not forget to submit your testimony by TOMORROW at:

DNRNRBcomments@wisconsin.gov

Posted by on July 11, 2012 in Hunting, Trapping, Wisconsin Insanity, Wolves

9 responses to “Rally for Wolves Planned for Outside the Natural Resources Board Meeting in Stevens Point Next Tuesday

1. Louise Kane

July 11, 2012 at 6:23 pm

If I can do anything (from out of state) please let me know. I am so glad to see you doing this. Good luck, I pray something will turn around for wolves!

July 11, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I am afraid that this thing is already rubber-stamped but the public needs to be made aware that there is major opposition to this insanity. If this board refuses to heed the warning of Professor Treves they can add themselves to the ones that need to be blamed when the wolf ends up back on the list. This is shameful. Thanks Louise.

2. louisekane

July 11, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Paul I wrote to the DDNRNB, if you need me to do anything please let me know. I pray you get good attendance.

Louise Kane

FYI
    My letter

To the DDNRNB,

I am writing to you because its hard to believe that in the year 2012 the state of Wisconsin is about to unleash such brutality against its wildlife by implementing a wolf-killing season the first year that wolves were removed from the ESA. The use of hounds, night hunting, traps and snares to be used against wolves is nothing short of breathtaking cruelty against these animals. Your wolves do not possess the skills to escape these methods of killing, especially since they have not been hunted in the past and have not developed any avoidance tactics. This season will surely be more of a massacre then a “hunt”. As professor Treves has stated, the potential to decimate the population of wolves is tremendous. Wolves are a valuable part of all ecosystems in that they reside, yet the science about wolves is ignored at the behest of special-interest minority groups like the hounders and trophy hunters that want to keep alive their killing traditions. The methods of killing wolves that are proposed should be relics of a shameful past not be touted as a cultural heritage to be proud of. Wisconsin, the world and the rest of America is watching as you prepare to unleash terror on wolves against public opinion, against science and in favor of small minority voices that terrorize and inflict heinous cruelty on wolves and other wildlife. I urge you to rethink your wolf season and to prevent these sadists from killing wolves. We need wolves and wildlife to be safeguarded for our future generations we do not need to perpetuate barbarous and heinous cruelty and those institutions that seek to safeguard these terrible legacies.

Louise Kane
    Eastham, Ma 02642

July 11, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Thanks Louise. Do you mind if others use your letter as a template?

July 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Good Luck everybody, I’m down here close to the border. My prayers are with you and the wolves.

4. Animal Connection

July 11, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Reblogged this on Animal Connection.

5. Sandra McGee

July 12, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Just want to know who is going to Stevens Point???

6. L

July 13, 2012 at 11:03 am

I will be there and I will testify. I’m bringing a friend who is currently recruiting more people to join us. It’s the least that I can do. We are a 2 Endangered Species wolf plates household. I was part of efforts to bring them back in the 1980’s.

I can’t wait to stand up in front of the bully hunters and say my 3 minutes worth.

• Sandra McGee

July 16, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Oh ..great – we will see u there – I won’t be speaking, but I will be there for support for u & the wolves. It’s about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me & my partner – we will be leaving early in the morning – I figure 4 – 4:30 a.m.