Insanity Reigns Among Anti-Wolf Factions Who Testified Yesterday

18 Jul

A few minutes ago, I just received the handout from those who testified at yesterdays wolf killing rubber-stamping before the Natural Resources Board. There are some insulting and ridiculous comments that show the true intention of the anti-wolf factions in this state. First we have the testimony from Rep. Scott Suder (R-ALEC, WBHA) who is whining about the quota being “too low” and demeaning that wolves be killed to 350. He then goes on to say that he will demand that the wolf killing license fees be dropped to be more in line with the wolf slaughtering states in the west. He also talks about how he “wrote” the bill with the DNR and “consulted with hunters and farmers. Apparently he hasn’t realized that we know who really wrote the bill. This guy really is one arrogant piece of work. Apparently he thinks that he is the ONLY one who has a say about what happened to wolves in this state. He goes on to say “I gave the department great flexibility to create rules to achieve a framework for a hunting and trapping season including setting quota’s, zones, and permit levels.” HE gave them this flexibility. Someone needs to put this guy in his place. His e-mail address is on the document. Please send him a message and inform him that he is not the only one in this state who gets to decide what happens to wolves.

What follows is even more insanity and attacks against the “antis” who are getting in the way of their hunting’ heritage. Be sure to read the comments from Dan Perotti of Ironwood, Michigan. Here is just a sample:

“Together hunters, trappers, sporting dog enthusiasts, livestock producers, hobby farmers, and others will stand strong against the Antis.”

I almost fell out of my chair reading that one. Antis? The only “antis” that I see here are the anti-wolf zealots who will stop at nothing to destroy an already fragile population. And these are the people that the DNR and Legislature listen to? I still have a lot more to read tonight, but I am posting the testimony here. If you care anything for wolves some of what you read will make you furious. Please share your comments about this.

Handouts of testimony from Board Hearing

Posted by on July 18, 2012 in Hunting, Trapping, Wisconsin Insanity, Wolves

7 responses to “Insanity Reigns Among Anti-Wolf Factions Who Testified Yesterday

1. Nancy Wolfwatcher

July 18, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Many comments are missing – not sure why. For example I submitted comments for Wolfwatcher on July 10th. Says there is a handout. At the meeting yesterday, the only comments from Wolfwatcher were from June on the proposal – other folks told me they had a copy of Zoe’s statement, she was the 9 year old girl who spoke with passion, yet I didn’t get a copy of her statement in the packet or in this one.

July 18, 2012 at 8:07 pm

This is what Patricia sent me. She got it from the DNR. I will see why they withheld some comments.

2. Della munnich

July 18, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I smell mendacities from all the anti wolf special interest people. They know the facts, but they have a mind set to fill their greed!

3. Animal Connection

July 18, 2012 at 11:49 pm

The reality of this whole thing is that the wolf haters have waged a one sided war against an animal who has no chance against their guns, traps and other killing tools. The wolfs only crime was trying to survive, and these people give them a death sentence. Shame on these blood thirsty ranchers, hunters, and everyone else who approves of this massacre. I’ve completely lost any respect I had for these types of people (not that I had much for them to begin with).

July 19, 2012 at 12:21 am

Janis Ringhand called me tonight and invited me to a fish fry fund raiser. I started filling her in to some of the atrocities going on out west and she was just shocked. If she doesn’t know any thing, then the rest of the Dems don’t. I told her I would keep her informed because she said that kind of abuse will not go on in this state. My son is coming next week and I have a new printer and he will help me in starting to print Pat’s articles and yours rali. I will also mail printouts to Erpenbach. Did you get any rain? It always rains during the fair.

July 19, 2012 at 8:40 am

We actually got a good steady rain for a few hours. It was about time.

5. Rose Lynd

June 27, 2014 at 12:14 pm

I’m not understanding these handouts at all. I read a few of them and I’m wondering if these aren’t from years past. In a couple of them it says “when Act 169 was passed last year”. Also, it does not include the testimony of the people from Rhinelander. It has Laurie Groskopf listed, but she was in Rhinelander and she did not speak. There were about 9 people speaking in Rhinelander and I don’t think any of them are in these handouts. I was there and spoke, so I know something is wrong with what they sent you. Something isn’t right about these handouts.