***BREAKING NEWS*** Judge Puts Injunction Against Use of Dogs

31 Aug

Contrary to the prognostications of George Meyer Dane County Circuit Court Judge Peter Anderson agreed with the plaintiffs and imposed an injunction against the use of dogs for hunting wolves. Please read and comment on these articles. The hounders are whining like crazy. More on this later:

Fate of wolf hunt in question after judge puts injunction on use of dogs

Judge issues injunction on use of dogs to hunt wolves

Quote from George Meyer from last week:

“They’re going to have to show harm, which is going to be very difficult. Also, there’s an old saying – if you’re weak on law, argue facts. But, with the current animal cruelty law exempting Chapter 29, even if the Humane Society were right, the Legislature could say, like it or not, it’s exempted,” Meyer said.”

I guess we did show harm, right George?

Posted by on August 31, 2012 in Hunting, Trapping, Wisconsin Insanity, Wolves

19 responses to “***BREAKING NEWS*** Judge Puts Injunction Against Use of Dogs

1. Deb Potts

August 31, 2012 at 6:11 pm

OMG…Carl Schoettel, VP of WI Bear Hunters Association had the audacity to say “I think our sport” excuse me, there in and of itself is the bottom line…it has nothing to do with ethics or morals, they consider it a sport…”is kind of misunderstood.” Then he goes on to say that he thinks “there’s a lot of ignorance out there as is how you use that form of hunting to successfully harvest an animal” hmmm, harvest, doesn’t that mean for consumption…they’re not killing for food so the use of the term harvest has no place in the above mentioned “sport.” And they say we (animal advocates and those with compassion for life other than their own) are confused and ignorant…

August 31, 2012 at 6:21 pm

This whole thing was a massive overreach by the bear hounders and Suder and now they are being exposed because of it. Whether the wolf killing goes on or not the bear hounders are now exposed to the public at large. This is just the beginning.

August 31, 2012 at 6:23 pm

On a day where the Obama administration again sells out wolves out west this is a ray of long deserved good news. We still have a lot of work to do.

2. gannonned

August 31, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Small victories – I’ll take them. Good news.

3. Rita k. Sharpe

August 31, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I,frankly,do not care if the hounders are whinning,I will not stoop to listen to their blabber,whinning,hizzie fits,or whetever you want to call it.I am rather tired of being on the short end of the stick.They’re just big bullies,flaunting their big puffy chests and parading about. They like being some kind of know-it-all,trying to impress everyone with their crackerjack knowledge. They like being the center of attention,in order to feed their huge egoes and self importance.They just shout the loudest to spread their lies,their demands, and to silence others,who oppose them. They know nothing.They just look and sound like fools.I will not be in their audience tonight.I want to go into the Labor Day weekend on a somewhat good note and get ready for the next siege. However,Tuesday,might be different.Have a nice and safe weekend.

4. Karen

August 31, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Patricia, I know you live in Wisconsin. I don’t, but is there any way a state ballot iniative can be launched in Wisconsin to ban hound hunting? I know the humane society of the United States have launched state ballots to ban hound hunting in some places. Why can’t it be done in Wisconsin?

August 31, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I can’t speak for Patricia but all ballot initiatives have to go through the legislature. And considering the Republicans have total control there is no way that they’re going to let that type of initiative go through right now. If we get the public on our side things may change. Patricia was at the court hearing today and she’ll have some more information about that later.

August 31, 2012 at 8:03 pm

We really should thank those assholes George Meyer and the Bear Hunters BIT^& Scott Suder for doing us a favor. There is now a microscope on hounding. Anyone that thinks this is sport and recreation needs to have their heads examined….

6. Karen

August 31, 2012 at 8:05 pm

There needs to be a state ballot launched in Wisconsin. Videos and tv ads need to be shown to people to show them what hound hunting is all about.

7. rali74

August 31, 2012 at 9:29 pm

No matter how small of a victory this is, it is HUGE in terms of taking on the DNR and special interests that control them. This is the first time that I can recall a group of wildlife advocates along with a team of outstanding attorneys have stood up for wildlife against the special interests and sadists in control of the DNR and legislature. This shines a bright light on hounding in general and now Suder, the Meyer brothers, and their hounder allies. This is what happens when you overreach. Other right wing extremists should take note. No matter how this plays out in the end we are now going to expose them and their sadistic ways.

8. gannonned

August 31, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Karen, unfortunately, a petition was enacted in Wisconsin and passed the county boards to put a referendum on the ballot asking if Citizens United should be repealed (Romney and camp reportedly plan to spend 1.2 billion on ads before the election). It would have just been an expression of frustration with the ruling and a suggestion to amend the constitution, but many states, even CO, are doing it. But it was struck down by Republican legislators led by Chris Abele. That’s a clear example of how boxed in we are on almost everything by this legislature. I can only hope some of the votes swing the other way come November.

August 31, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I am so grateful for the injunction & for the hard work of so many people. Keep up the good fight. The attention this should generate is priceless.

August 31, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Patricia went to the hearing and she said that the DNR attorneys were whining about how they were not going to be able to enforce the injunction. What????? Maybe if they stopped spending time harassing kind hearted citizens caring for orphaned fawns they could get people into the woods and enforce the real violations. This is just the beginning. This is exactly what we needed to expose these people. They can whine all they want about Dane County “liberal” judges but common sense prevailed. I cannot say enough about the amazing lawyers on our side in this case. They are doing this pro-bono. This puts the hounders and other sadists on notice.

September 1, 2012 at 2:34 am

DNR better enforce the injunction or they will find themselves back in court. Recieved a letter from Wolfwatchers and sounds like they are going forward claiming they have a lot of work to do. I always thought there should be foot soldiers or some public army out there spying, or taking pictures and watching what is going on. Hikers in Alaska and out West know how to spring traps. Just thinking out loud. I wonder what the NRA thinks? They can burn in hell and I’m sure they will. Well, poor George Meyer, he must be shocked. These people need to know they cannot bully us.

• Chris

September 1, 2012 at 8:50 pm

“I always thought there should be foot soldiers or some public army out there spying, or taking pictures and watching what is going on”

This is exactly what I do, I am in the field almost everyday, Canon DSLR around my neck, following the hounders about and taking their photos….

September 1, 2012 at 9:08 pm

These hounder thugs are out of control. I have a feeling that they will be especially brazen now because of the injunction. They are throwing around insults and whining like crazy all over the internet. Now they all think they are “barstool lawyers” and are whining about the “liberal” Dane County judge. The people must be exposed for who they truly are.

10. karen

September 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm

george Meyer is an idiot. It’s going to be hard to show harm? George, there have been numerous cases of dogs being killed by wolves in Wi and Idaho just to name two states. It is obvious and clear to everyone that wolves and dogs don’t mix.

September 2, 2012 at 2:01 am

Good for you Chris. Wish I could join you. I’ve done that to my neighbors during opening day. I sat on top of the hill and watched them in the tree stand with my blinoculars[sp]. They could see me and it made them very twitchy.I’m serious follow hounders and trappers. I’m nervous about illegal traps in my land. I have to go in and post. Best if someone comes along.

12. magpiesdad@gmail.com

September 2, 2012 at 11:05 am

I am going to have to get better about letter (e-mail) writing !! I have been pretty much of a Direct Action person for a long time,and wondered why people weren’t advocating posting their land. I just did,and have various electronic devices to alert me to tresspassers,cameras (game cameras,just to be ironic) and various other devices to record possible confrontations,etc.I realize that most tresspass fines are a “slap on the wrist”but, pictures of these creeps could be posted on the internet!! I have a few reasons for oppossing the proposed Wolf hunt that have not been brought up by others,and I will bring them up shortly.I haven’t lived here for a long time, and do not know the best ways to get anything of value in front of the greatest number of people,so anyone has my permission to send this to any other outlets in Wisconsin where it might do some good. Please send it to outlets in Wisconsin only,as it has been my experience that people in out of state papers tend to think that the writer is sticking their nose in someone elses business.