False “Outrage” About Our Memorial and Posting Rules

12 Jan

Yesterday there was a memorial for the 117 (?) wolves needlessly slaughtered in the Wisconsin wolf killing season. As expected this event triggered “outrage” from the right wing and anti-wolf trolls. The same tired arguments followed such as “What about the children?” “Why don’t you care about the unborn babies?” And more mindless straw man arguments that have nothing to do with the war on wildlife and the slaughtering of wolves. I have a message for these people: Don’t like it? Too bad! We value the 1st Amendment as much as you worship the 2nd. It may be impossible in their world to care about more than one thing but in our world it is not. In fact why will these same people be cheering for millionaire doped up football players running up and down the field throwing a ball this weekend? What about the poor children? Shouldn’t they spend their time helping them instead of worshiping athletes? Silly argument isn’t it? But this is exactly what they say to us.

And for the anti-wolf trolls who try to post here. This is a site for LIVING wildlife advocates. Don’t come here and make comments like “kill them all” and whine when your garbage is not posted. Also any comments where a poster talks about how they intend to poach wolves will immediately forwarded to the authorities. There are plenty of other kill everything sites for anti-wolf trolls to spread their garbage on. You are not welcome here unless you want to be ridiculed. And try some other lines except for the usual PETA and “city folk” garbage. All true wildlife advocates want nothing to do with PETA and their hypocrisy and most do indeed live in rural areas. How would you like it if we generalized all wolf killers as inbred hillbillies that lived in trailer parks? Oh, wait. Never mind.

The same thing goes for those on our side who threaten violence toward the sadists. Come on, we are better than that. I despise these thugs as much as you do but we must be better than them. Those comments will be deleted as well.

So for all of you “outraged” by our memorial, you are perfectly capable of having a gathering where you can dress in cammo, channel you inner Ted “poopy pants” Nugent, and yell and scream about how much you love your guns and shooting animals. That is your RIGHT, just as it is ours to have our memorial. Isn’t America great?

Posted by on January 12, 2013 in Uncategorized

19 responses to “False “Outrage” About Our Memorial and Posting Rules

1. laina

January 12, 2013 at 12:03 pm

This made me laugh and smile. Thanks Patricia.

January 12, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Actually Patricia didn’t write this but I am sure she shares the sentiment. Thanks for the compliment.

2. Florence Eaise

January 12, 2013 at 1:00 pm

rali74- I LOVE your passion and your wisdom! You are so right as disgusing as those people are to threaten them with the same violence they use in their hunting would make us NO better than them! And does very little to further the cause- use your anger in a good way and let it fuel you in the fight to save wolves- besides they are only mad because we are getting to them- Thats a good thing!
    Thanks for a great post rali74 as always!

3. Florence Eaise

January 12, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Reblogged this on florenceeaise and commented:
    great post a must read for al wolf lovers

4. Dywane Brown

January 12, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Surprisingly enough, one of the ill-breeds did show up to the event and let me tell you something: dumber than a box of rocks. Calling it a hillbilly would be an insult to actual hillbillies.

January 12, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Oh it gets better. I found out who this woman is and there is plenty of juicy stuff out there that I will post later.

5. laina

January 12, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Where can I find photos and a report on the vigil?

6. Maureen

January 12, 2013 at 4:25 pm

You tell ’em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. traeh79

January 12, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Love your article. Yes, I am one of those folks who get so damn mad, I do threaten & say shit.
    My passion sometimes gets the better of me. But, I think the time for being nice is over with. I do see your point though. I will watch how I post my opinion.
    By the way, it was a great pleasure meeting everyone yesterday. πŸ™‚

January 13, 2013 at 12:20 am

Wish I was there. My problem is I swear. Thanks rali.

9. Rhiannon Taylor Gomez

January 13, 2013 at 3:20 am

Since we still do have the right of the First Amendment we can have memorials to remember the fallen wolves and there is nothing “they” can do to stop it. I guess it’s not enough to kill everything in sight, rather everyone has to be on their side. Fat chance! I will remain steadfast in my obstention of harmful thoughts and actions, however, I will continue to support the wolves and all of you who post articles and pictures for this cause. I will continue to do all I can to help all animals against individuals that think just because they walk on two legs they have the right to destroy wildlife and harm other species. Thank you for standing up to these individuals and reporting on what is really going on.
    Namaste

10. Melissa

January 14, 2013 at 12:12 am

Bobette, I swear like a sailor, that’s doesn’t mean we can’t be there. πŸ™‚

11. Melissa

January 14, 2013 at 12:13 am

I will say that while I find a memorial service to wolves killed a little over the top, because I am not a spiritual person, the media shows up to these type of events and that’s exactly what this cause needs. A job well done!

12. Jerold

January 14, 2013 at 10:59 am

I have heard reports of 12 to as many as 24 people attended this rally. Wow, that’s all I can say is wow. If we showed Madison one thing it’s that we are vocal but few in numbers. Hunters have more supporters show up for an ammo sale at Fleet Farm on a Tuesday morning. If we are the majority (and we way we are) than we need to make a bigger presence both physically and monetarily that represents our numbers. Law makers and the DNR will listen to the majority, however we need to prove that we are. I’m afraid 20 people on a street corner just makes us look silly and unorganized.

• ramses (@traeh79)

January 14, 2013 at 2:34 pm

There were about 35 to 40 folks there. Including a couple of little ones (kids) was there, it was great to see folks show up for the wolves.

• ramses (@traeh79)

January 14, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Sorry for the mistakes. (I hate when I do that)
        Meant to say “I was there.”

• madravenspeak

January 15, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Help us network the Madravenspeak column every other Sunday online at madison.com and this web site. Network the membership. People have been carefully taught to be disengaged from wildlife governance by just outdoor pages killing advocacy bias. The outdoors pages, with no counterweight over decades, have “normalized” trophy and thrill killing and so people who do not kill do not read the outdoors pages and know nothing about how decisions are made.

Jerold, we are looking for two candidates to run in every county April 8, 2012 at 7 p.m. for the 79th or 80th annual election that is supposed to be an election of delegates to represent all of us, but has only represented wildlife killers all this time. This is where the wolf and crane hunts were first promoted, where lead shot was supported, where they will go for a bounty on coyotes and a tundra swan and seagull hunt this year. Then when the usual 5,000 hunters, trappers and hounders show up, and vote in all the new killing, new seasons, new species, new weapons, they will say “The public voted for this.”

If you would like to run, contact me at Madravenspeak@gmail.com. I can answer any questions – tiny time commitment, rinky dink position, really great way to stand up for wildlife. Any of you who would like to find a partner to run for the two positions that will be up for grabs in every county, please contact me. We are looking for two people to run in each and every county!

13. Jerold

January 16, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I will disagree with you that people have been taught to be disengaged from viewing wildlife as either something to protect OR something to target. Most people can be considered ‘independent’ on the issue and have no opinion either way. This argument is true for most arguments in our world: the for, the against, and the I don’t know/care. Groups that advocate for wildlife and the arguments that they use will do one of a few things: 1) Strike accord with someone and awaken them to what is going on regarding hunting of animals. This is someone who will take side and support advocacy. 2) Fuel the passion of someone who hunts or traps, or stands for a hunter’s right to do so. This is someone who thinks that, for what ever reason, animals can be hunted and will side with hunters. 3) Will fall on deaf ears and will not influence a person one way or another. This argument also holds true for hunter groups that argue for there cause with whatever propaganda they choose.

My point is this, hunters numbers can easily be tracked. With a little research I can tell you that 600,000+ people hunt in WI’s gun deer season. Add to that all the other seasons for all other animals. This is the group that falls into category 2. This is the group (add to that there supporters) that are passionate and when it counts will donate money, pay for the opportunity, attend meetings, give input at legislative hearings, and most importantly vote based solely on this issue. This is where the ‘5000 hunters, trappers and hounders’ that you mention come from. I believe (and I’m not sure of a way to track this) that most people in the population are in the ‘independent’ group and neither hunters groups or animal advocacy groups can count them as there supporters. I believe that we can try to appeal to them, enlighten them, try to persuade them, but until they actively support one group or the other, they are not supporters. That being said, if 5000 hunter supporters show up to vote at the spring hearings and meetings then we should have 6000 supporters show up. We are the majority right? Sending two representatives would not guarantee anything. Sending more people that would vote in favor of animal advocacy then would vote in favor of hunting would.