Sen. Risser Introduces Bill to Stop the Use of Dogs Against Wolves

04 Mar
Coming soon to Wisconsin.

Coming soon to Wisconsin.

Today Senator Fred Risser announced that he will be introducing legislation that would ban the use of dogs against wolves in Wisconsin. Of course following Risser’s announcement wolf kill bill “author” Rep. Scott Suder (R-ALEC) made it very clear that he would obstruct this legislation:

Rep. Scott Suder, R-Abbotsford, was the chief sponsor of the bill that established the wolf hunt. He serves as Assembly majority leader and plays a huge role in deciding what legislation makes it to the floor for a vote. He said during a telephone interview Monday that Risser’s proposal will probably go nowhere.
“To totally eliminate an entire privilege that is out there for sportsmen, it goes too far,” Suder said.

Funny, the Hobbit of Abbotsford has no problem eliminating the benefits of state workers and poor people, but gets offended when a “privilege” is taken away from so called “sportsmen.” Cutting benefits for workers and poor people doesn’t go “too far” but attempting to stop legalized dog fighting does. Polluting vast swaths of the northern part of the state as a gift for a mining company doesn’t go “too far” but this does. If you are so right in what you did Suder why not let it be voted on to affirm who the real sadists in this state are? Please contact your legislators and demand that this bill be heard. Find your legislators here:

For more information about Sen Risser’s bill

Read more:

Democrat wants dogs banned from Wis. wolf hunt

One Year Anniversary of WE VOW

Last year at this time, I had just launched this website with the hope of starting to fight back against the war on our wildlife and the sadism that occurs on our lands daily in the state of Wisconsin. Patricia Randolph and I had been kicking around the idea of forming a group that would work to organize and educate people as to what was really happening to our wildlife under the guise of “conservation,” “heritage,” and “recreation.” Patricia had been fighting this battle singlehandedly for a very long time while I had always been a “silent advocate.” That all changed when I learned how truly sadistic and hateful hounders, trappers, and some hunters are in this state and across the country. I knew that I had to do something and that is how this site was born. While we have so much more planned for WE VOW such as non-profit status, and a redesign of the admittedly primitive website, our goal is and remains educating people and providing a safe place on the web away from the abusive anti-wildlife trolls that have taken their bullying to a whole new level in the past year. But far more needs to be done.

While we have helped educate and mobilize people to write letters and be watchdogs of the bought and paid for DNR, we need to take that to a new level. We need you to tell anyone that will listen what is occurring in Wisconsin with our wildlife and how our state has been taken over by the sadistic killing cartels that pull the strings of the DNR and our legislature. Share it on Facebook and other social networking sites. Make them aware that Wisconsin is the ONLY state in the country that will allow packs of vicious dogs to be used against wolves. If they are thinking about vacationing here ask them to consider other  options. If you have any contacts in the national media implore them the urgency if the situation and ask them to publicize what is going on here. Finally PARTICIPATE. Attend ALL Natural Resources Board “hearings” and make your voice heard. Attend the dubiously named “Conservation Congress” elections on April 8th in every county in the state and make your voice heard. These functions have long been dominated by the “good ole boys” and the killing cartels and have attracted little public scrutiny. But guess what? These elections are for EVERY citizen in the state not just those intent on killing. Find your local election location here:

We need to be there in force because you know the hounders and their allies will be.

Finally I wish to thank all of you that have been there from the beginning and helped us with your generous donations and kind words of encouragement. We are just getting started and this year we take the fight to them.

20 responses to “Sen. Risser Introduces Bill to Stop the Use of Dogs Against Wolves

1. cathy and bernie

March 4, 2013 at 7:48 pm

one would think that the senate pulls rank over a legislator

2. theanimalspirits

March 4, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I shared a link to this post, along with a request for action, on our facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/TheAnimalSpirits

I admire and applaud the work you are doing and your intention. Please be encouraged to continue.

Many Blessings!

~Gerean Pflug for “The Animal Spirits”

3. Louise Kane

March 4, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Paul and Patricia,
    I know I speak for many when I say we can’t thank you enough for all you are working to do for wolves and other wildlife. Please everyone, please, please, please call your representatives as they urge here and make sure to attend those hearings. Nothing will change if you don’t and these animals have no other voice. this is a time in history when assuming someone else will go to the meetings won’t cut it. If you are thinking I’m tired after work, its such a hassle, think about a wolf trapped in a trap for several days maybe to be beaten to death or a family of wolves destroyed as dogs chase them night and day. While you are home safe and warm, wildlife is terrorized routinely and without respite. Don’t let this happen on your watch.

Thank you again Paul and Patricia for your dedication

show Wisconsin you won’t stand for dogs hunting wolves

4. BraveWolf

March 4, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Paul and Patricia, Thank you for giving such a decent, strong and articulate voice for wolves first of all and for wolf defenders in Wisconsin and for those of us who live outside the state who care deeply about wolves and wildlife everywhere. I have been spreading the details about the sadistic morons in Wisconsin who use the words “tradition” and “heritage” and “sportsmen” as a cover for their monstrously criminal animal abuse and evil slaughter of innocent wildlife. Spreading awareness as you are doing so well, is the first step in putting these aholes out of business. This is no longer out of sight, out of mind. Now, coupled with much more public scrutiny, we will together take the actions you have requested against this evil, and we won’t quit until we have thoroughly defeated these criminal perverts and mentally ill sadists. They belong in jail, not in the woods of Wisconsin. It is so strange that this evil behavior has been accepted without challenge, for so long, until now. Never again. Nevermore. I feel so sad for the innocent animals who have been tortured and killed for so long. No more. No more.

5. alice miller

March 5, 2013 at 12:25 am

Cathy and I will be out full force giving senator names….email address/phone numbers to call..EVERYONE call as many REPUBLICAN senators as you can to urge them …co sponsor Risser’s bill…This is our big chance to fight these hounders and their sadistic killing of the wolves…it is so disgusting that we even have to have this debate in the 21rst century…animal abuse should not be legal!!! Thanks Patricia and Paul for all the info! alice

6. William huard

March 5, 2013 at 5:48 am

Watching this all play out I keep coming back to the bigger picture here. Scott Suder is a little weasel who is a shill for the animal abusers in Wisconsin. When Suder talks about ‘privilege’ he like the other sadists in the State feel that ‘hunters rights’ trumps animal cruelty issues and basic common decency. These people need help. They are a small minority who unfortunately have the power. WALKER needs to be defeated. The best hope for this insanity to be stopped in it’s tracks is the FED lawsuit brought by the HSUS….call them. Support them. Meanwhile, talk to everyone you know and tell them what these people are trying to do to YOUR wildlife. There is something seriously wrong with these people. Privilege? Really?

• alice miller

March 5, 2013 at 7:47 am

Cathy and I will be getting word out in Abbotsford..if it means going door to door…it’s only 3 hrs from here…Scott needs to be exposed…both Scott Suder and Walker!!!!

March 5, 2013 at 7:56 am

They just reelected the asshole by a big margin. This guy does not have an original thought in his head. Every piece of legislation he introduces is from ALEC, bear hounders, or mining companies. I can’t believe that the people that he is supposed to “represent” can see him for the puppet that he is.

• alice miller

March 5, 2013 at 8:02 am

I have a friend of 40 yrs living in Abbotsford..haven’t seen him in a few..but I am calling him to find out what the hell is going on…he has lived there for 30 years and it is a SMALL town….

7. laina

March 5, 2013 at 5:51 pm

OK, let’s not insult weasels. Hobbit of Abbotsford – love it! Can’t someone enlist his girlfriend who had some kind of charge against him to sling some dirt? He really needs to be out of office.

March 5, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I would have said midget but I don’t want to compare little people to this evil prick. Seriously the guy is like 5 feet talk at most. Short man syndrome?

March 5, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Oh I have heard some real juicy rumors about this puke, but I can’t back them up. If I could his ALEC shill ass would be toast in his party.

March 5, 2013 at 7:29 pm

The bill may not go far but it will make news.

9. gannonned

March 6, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Here’s a letter to Risser. Let’s let him know we support him. sen.risser@legis.wisconsin.gov

Dear Senator Risser,
    I am a citizen from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. I have been appalled by the state’s procedures involving many natural resource decisions recently including the mining bill, but none have been as upsetting and frustrating for me as watching the state move forward with the use of dogs to hunt wolves next year. As you have stated publicly this will result in violent clashes that amount to nothing more than dog-fighting, and the decision panders to a minority of people who find unfortunate pleasure in such behavior. It will also likely increase conflicts with dogs not involved with hunting and there are likely to be more violent encounters in general. I have written my objections multiple times to the Board of Natural Resources, the DNR and I have spoken on the issue publicly when there have been hearings near me whenever I was able to attend. I have received no response from either office to a series of well thought questions and concerns. In general, I feel my objections with regards to this have gone unheard and unaddressed and not given the respect they deserve. I want to personally thank you for introducing your bill. Whatever odds it may have of passing with the current political climate, I appreciate that you have given my feelings and opinions a voice. There are many that support you in this, and we thank you for your support. Keep fighting the good fight.
    Sincerely,

March 6, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Good letter & good idea to write a letter of support.

10. BraveWolf

March 6, 2013 at 11:00 pm

My letter to Sen. Risser:

Dear Sen. Risser,
    Thank you for giving all the good and decent and humane folks out there who respect and love America’s wolves and wildlife, in Wisconsin and everywhere else, some hope that Wisconsin is not full of and controlled by pathetic sadists and criminal animal abusers.

I live in New England where we have problems with ignorant “sportsmen” who demonize and massacre our eastern coyotes, many of which have wolf genes and are very wolf-like. In Maine, these idiots are allowed to use attack dogs to persecute and slaughter eastern coyotes, black bear and bobcats. When was the last time a harmless black bear hurt a human who was minding his or her own business? Never. These animal abusers are not hunting, they are inflicting torture and tremendous pain and death. In 2013, this is no longer acceptable anywhere in the US.

I am convinced that these cruel and sadistic people are bringing the wrath of the non-hunting, animal-loving majority, which is growing all the time, crashing down on their heads. They will have only themselves to blame as their sickening and unacceptable “traditions” are finally shut down.

Please, no more wolf killing, no more natural predator killing, no more wildlife trapping, no more hounding, no more baiting, no more canned hunts, no more heartless cruelty towards any wildlife, that is out of sight but no longer out of mind.

Thanks, Sen. Risser! You have huge support throughout Wisconsin and beyond. Way more than you can imagine.

• alice miller

March 7, 2013 at 7:27 am

Great letter to Risser…I wrote to him and ALL the senators…working on Reps now…this am I will call each one too. I have said…the hounders are not very smart…they have been working under the radar for a long time…but putting dogs in the wolf hunt has awakened MANY to the harsh and cruel realities of their practice….it will NOT be tolerated!!!! alice

11. madravenspeak

March 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm

All citizens can VOTE against ALL use of dogs on wolves Monday, April 8 at 7 p.m. in every county (Question # 68) and also can vote against expanding the use of traps and killing in our state parks – newly taken into all state and county parks which had been the last 1% of our publicly purchased 7 and a half million acres of public lands. Question #70 asks if you want to expand trapping and hunting in state parks from 2 months to 7. So even if you vote against 7 months, it looks like you are voting for 2.

That is why all of the real power in this 80 years of HIDDEN STOLEN ELECTION is in attending EVERY year and running candidates and electing two candidates in every county EVERY YEAR. So Wildlife Ethic is looking for two people to run in every county. Rack your brains and find people in counties that would stand up for wildlife. It is a rinky dink position involving just four meetings a year – two of them in your county schmoozing with the good ole boys – one in Steven’s Point for a committee ( you can request bear, wolf, small game – killing committees of course – I served on trapping) and one over a Sat/Sun in May for the annual get-together to devise more ways to kill in more places with more weapons, more species, and take more power from the rest of us.

We need candidates in every county to give people options. STEP UP. Contact me at Madravenspeak@gmail.com to ask questions. Network the election on community announcement pages, in your local newspapers and let’s have a lot of you calling in to WPR to ask them to cover the issues on this election and its importance the week before it is held.

There are several facebook pages for inviting to this event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/496578220379234/ is one of them put up by a Milwaukee citizen.

It is so great to see you all recognizing the importance of this election and spreading the word. If you can find women’s groups, peace and justice groups, unions, pet stores, health food stores, libraries and book stores, humane societies and bulletin boards in your communities for posting up the posters we will make available or just giving them a call to alert them of what they can vote on and that it is an important statewide election – that is great.

Hunters and trappers call it the “most important election in the state”. I have never missed one since I found it in 1997 – and I agree. Their keeping it secret has enabled them to have all the power over our reality and quality of life – nature and our wild brethren – for abuse.

12. Chris O'Malley

March 7, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I hope the senator meets with success, and soon, if not I shall immediately begin slaughtering hounders animals as I encounter them. I live in the blue hills, which is ground zero for the hounders, I see their dogs, they are going to be destroyed on sight!

13. Diane

March 9, 2013 at 9:28 am

Can you hear Nature’s Children calling?
    I am Raccoon, I am happy; I found a patch of sweet corn
    After I was lured into a “humane” trap, I became forlorn.
    Here comes someone toward me.
    I am sure I will soon be set free.
    Being used as bait to train hunting dogs was to be my destiny.
    The trap door is opened; I slowly amble out:
    The hounds are baying…I hear men as they shout.
    Nowhere to climb; can’t go fast enough to outrun.
    The dogs tear at my flesh I am done.

I am Young Bear, life is good; I tumble and play.
    My life is changed on sunny September day.
    I hear hounds in the distance.
    Mother tells me to hurry-don’t take a chance,
    But I dawdle; the dogs close in-I climb a tree-I’ll be safe here.
    I am much too young to know fear,
    The baying hounds circle the tree; I try not to slip.
    Mens with guns shoot me in the paws; I Iose my grip.
    The dogs tear, the men cheer…they are having fun.
    I am bleeding and dyiing, I am done.

I am Wolf, I am hungry. I must eat.
    Something doesn’t seem right, but I smell meat.
    I walk carefully through the fall leaves.
    I feel my paw crushing and hear a snap.
    The pain is unbearable; I chew and tear at the trap.
    Hours and a day pass, I howl, I yelp, I pace.
    A grinning trapper comes-stares me in the face.
    I am defeated and afraid. I see a club and a gun.
    He takes a photo of me and then please help. I am done.
    author-me Diane

People look, but they do not see; they hear but they don’t listen. They may see panic, but don’t feel the terror, may hear anguished cries, but do not feel the pain. People may witness cruelty, but look away or use inaction as a recourse. Open your hearts, eyes and ears and vote on behalf of wildlife April 8th at your local conservation congress meeting