History Channel’s “Chasing Tail”: Are You Kidding Me?

07 Apr

This couldn’t be more true. I have been wanting to write about the garbage animal “snuff films” being broadcast by these networks for a long time and how they attempt to “glorify” the lowest common denominator in our society. This guy nailed it.

Reel to Real

The only thing more prevalent on television nowadays than sexual innuendo is stupidity, or in the case of the History Channel, irrelevance…or maybe both? Just when you thought the network may have been turning over a new leaf with scripted dramas such as The Bible and Vikings, and a powerful documentary series, The Men Who Built America, which I find myself wholeheartedly enjoying, the History Channel has gone back to its recent roots of trying to scrounge up the most ridiculous concept not even worthy of a time slot on TLC (remember when that actually used to stand for The Learning Channel?) and turn it into a regular series. If you thought Swamp People was bad, then you are just going to love Chasing Tail, which is, you guessed it, a show about deer hunting, that starts this April! But that would be too simple, wouldn’t…

View original post 664 more words

Posted by on April 7, 2013 in Uncategorized

12 responses to “History Channel’s “Chasing Tail”: Are You Kidding Me?

1. Daniele Halle

April 7, 2013 at 11:54 am

I emailed them few months ago about those animals getting killed by humans, they did not respond, this is not History

April 7, 2013 at 12:58 pm

The trouble is, these people really exist. It just drives me crazy to think that this channel can come up with American Pickers, The Hatfields and McCoys and Vikings[ which my DNA says I’m 6% of.] These programs are a complement to cable tv. Then they offer this garbage. I plan on letting them know my opinion.

April 7, 2013 at 1:01 pm

For some reason there seems to be an appetite among society for this kind of garbage. Why anyone would want to watch the exploits of such disgusting cretins is beyond me.

3. Nancy Keiter

April 7, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I stopped watching PBS one night when I could not sleep and the first thing I unfortunately got to see was a coyote caught in a trap struggling to get away two men one with the gun and one following with a camera the coyote stop moving he looked up at the two men he looked at the man with a gun and he looked at the man with a camera the fear that came up in an animal’s eyes for a second he stood up and look relax for a second and he looked at them like maybe you’re here to help me until the man raised his gun and the fear came up his eyes again and the man shot right between those sweet eyes. I was so pissed off I could not sleep the rest of the night as soon as their doors open I was on the phone to tell them I will never ever give you money again if you want money get it from that piece of shit!! I contact the advertisers of these programs and let them know what I think they do contact and tell me they are sorry some even send me coupons but if enough people contact the advertisers maybe they will listen that’s where these programs get their money from no money no show.

• laina

April 7, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Nancy,
      PBS or the History Channel? They are different.

• nackpets

April 7, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Iaina, PBS gets to stay on the air by donations from the public they need your money that is what keeps them running . The History Channel is own by a private company the advertising companies pay to advertise on the History Channel companies like AT&T Verizon car companies ect.are the ones that paid for these morons paychecks. lf companies know they are making their customers unhappy they will pull their advertisements(money) from that show.

• Nancy Keiter

April 8, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I no longer watch the PBS or give them money even when they almost close there doors and send a letter out to everybody to find out what shows we do it do not like. I filled it out but I still don’t send money nor do I watch I’m still pissed off. As far as the history not much I guess I’ll watch it just to find out who the advertise’s are ! What a joke!! Who knows maybe they will have neighbors screaming and yelling at each other and they will have a spin off called To Kill or not To Kill and you text your vote.

4. laina

April 7, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I don’t even get it. Is there anything to get? That guy looks prime for a heart attack if he has to do very many takes for the scene.

• Nancy Keiter

April 7, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Well if he does have a heart attack he’ll have the money from the show to pay for his hospital bill . Of course in my sarcastic mind it would be better for his funeral.

• Nancy Keiter

April 7, 2013 at 11:20 pm

PS .You can get a pretty good guess how much they get paid by who the advertisers are and how often they advertise .

5. Nancy Keiter

April 7, 2013 at 10:49 pm

In a strange twist this is good it’s coming to the public eye. They are very divide there many do not want the deer killed only a few as usual want this to happen. Coming to the public eye will help create a stronger voice in defense of the deer. So let them all know you are very very unhappy.

6. Nancy Keiter

April 8, 2013 at 11:42 am

History formerly called The History Channel is own by A&E Television Networks , Disney-ABC Television Group and NBC Universal . The third largest company with annual revenue of $173 Billion. It originally boardcast documentary programs and historical fiction series, however since 2008 it has mostly broadcast a variety of scripted reality television series and other nonhistory-related content . Sister channels are A&E, H2, Lifetime, The Biography Channel, Military History, History in Espanol, Crime&Investigation Network. Availabilty- Selective TV Inc, DirectTV, Dish Network, Verizon FiOS and UPC Poland. I PTV: AT&T U-verse. This is why when you contact headquarters you do not get a reply back. This is why you must contact the company that advertise on these shows .I assume by that content of the show it is going to be companies like Verizon , AT&T, cars, beer, Gillette, granola bars and drug company’s there target men and some for the lovely lady’s of the house; smirk! Grab a notepad note the company get your 800 numbers from your products and call customer service I find between the hours at 10 a.m.to 11:30a.m.and 2p.m. to 4p.m.if there time zone works for me I call while I making dinner . I let them know how much I like their product and how much I dislike the show I also let them know what shows I do like and if they continue to advertise with that show I will no longer buy there product. They do listen so let them hear your voice the more people that call the better the result.