24 May
It just keeps getting worse.

It just keeps getting worse.

**UPDATE** There is one news article about this finally out. Of course it is full of DNR propaganda, but those insane points are countered by Howard Goldman from the HSUS.

DNR Committee Recommends Higher Wolf Hunt Quotas

Word is starting to filter in that the anti-wolf group dominated “Wolf Advisory Committee” has chosen a quota of 275 wolves to be slaughtered this fall. It is also believed that this number does not include the number that tribes can claim, which would be 50 percent of the quota. So that means that the “official” quota looks to be in excess of 550 wolves. A minimum of one-third of Wisconsin’s wolf population is set to be shot, trapped, and hounded starting October 15th and will last until the end of February. This of course does not include the number of wolves to be poached, killed by Wildlife Services assassins, shot by landowners, hit by cars, or death by natural causes. If these numbers are correct we could see at least half if not more of the states wolf population slaughtered by the end of February next year. Of course it is also likely that hounders will be able to “train” their dogs on wolves right through March during the denning and early birthing seasons.

The DNR allowed a “committee” filled with vocal anti-wolf killing cartels to set this massive quota and now the very survival of this species in Wisconsin is in serious doubt. This is not “management” or any of the other garbage the DNR tries to claim, it is persecution and all out war against a species that not long ago was extinct from our state. The DNR and their killing cartel puppet masters care nothing what the rest of us think and they plan to eradicate as many wolves as possible before the feds finally come tho their senses and realize that Wisconsin really does plan to destroy this species once again. A pro-wildlife “Conservation Congress” delegate sent me this to illustrate the real intention of the corrupt DNR and the killing cartels:

They want that 350 #, no matter the cost. I just explained to the WCC how that is not bio-genetically sustainable and the answer I got was “good”.

I am just receiving this information so I will keep you updated as I hear more, but things are looking very, very grim. This eradication plan should be all that the HSUS needs to win their case at the federal level. If they lose we will see that the federal government is as corrupt as the DNR is and wolves have no hope to survive. We need EVERYONE that cares about wolves and wildlife to mobilize and get involved.

More to come…….

50 responses to “Worst Fears Confirmed: Wisconsin Plans to Kill a Minimum of 275 Wolves This Fall

1. cathy and bernie

May 24, 2013 at 12:41 pm

just fucked up!

2. Maureen

May 24, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Total insanity.

3. endika2012

May 24, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Karma will deal with those killers!

4. Elmer

May 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Look for the deer population to soar!
    Look for the number of car-deer accidents to soar as well!

May 24, 2013 at 1:16 pm

That is what they want. They want the state to be one giant game farm. With CWD spreading into previously untouched areas you think they would want wolves around. Not the case. They want these animals eradicated once again or at best a token population. We will now see what the feds are all about if they allow this to continue.

May 24, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I am preparing a letter to Interior Secretary Sally Jewell. In the letter I will note dog training/hounding is legal in WI by using captive animals to be chased/torn apart. This is how bear hunting dogs are trained & now wolf hunting dogs will likely be trained in the same manner. I will report the history of wolf hunting in WI starting with the wolf hunting season planned immediately after the wolves were federally delisted-how public support of wolf hunting was obtained by claims of cattle predation based on “missing” calves. How bear dogs were killed by wolves, but usually after bear hounders entered areas known to be inhabited by wolves who were trying to protect their pups or territory. How captive deer were reimbursed for huge dollars. How the WI wolf quota was met in such short order due to alleged WI DNR employees giving wolf hunters GPS locations of wolf dens. I will point out how the state of WI appears anxious to increase revenue by increasing whitetail deer populations & trying to establish a elk herd while sacrificing it’s predators. Obviously the DNR & state of WI cannot be trusted, so I intend to present my case to the top. I will work on the letter this weekend. Sally Jewell, Interior Secretary, Department of the Interior, 1849 Street, N.W., Washington D.C. 20240 202-208-3100

5. sherman ardoin

May 24, 2013 at 1:54 pm

why would anyone deliberately tamper with the balance of nature…the wolf is needed….it only kills the weak,the sick,and the old,our creator created the wolf for a reason….leave them alone !!!!

6. patricia herman

May 24, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Your state has now joined the rest of the ignorance of the others before you! Get educated you are wrong!

7. nancy bonaventure!!

May 24, 2013 at 2:35 pm

This is WRONG!!! Why do you continue to KILL!! Stop being STUPID!!! You are paid BIG MONEY for your livestock that the wolves DON”T KILL!!

8. Hiyori Takashi

May 24, 2013 at 3:27 pm

We need to gather the wolves from there, and bring them to a place where they won’t be killed by people. Write letters to the higher ups, make phone calls, we need to save our wolves now before it’s to late!

9. Anna

May 24, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Here”s an idea how about putting those wolves in zoos not killing them I work in a zoo and all we have are male wolves I think in order to save these wolves we could put them in zoo”s so they would be safe from idiots like these I understand that their freedom might be limited but our inclosure is a pretty big one and we have one that isn”t even being used so maybe we could do this to save these beautiful creatures from such a terrible death or even from death itself

May 24, 2013 at 4:26 pm

We shouldn’t need zoos to save the wildlife on OUR public lands. The Public Trust Doctrine states that wildlife “belongs” to all of the citizens not just hunters, hounders, and trappers. Personally, I don’t think that is accurate either because wildlife shouldn’t “belong” to anything except Earth itself. We need to take OUR lands back from these sadists and stop allowing OUR public servants to cater to their every whim while excluding the rest of us.

• Anna

May 24, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I understand that but unfortunately they will not see that I have argued them being here first and we took their home land food families I believe they deserve to be free on their land but I don”t see anyone who has the authority to say so agreeing unfortunately this society is greedy and it is all about me me me they do not care about these beautiful creatures it was only a suggestion to save them from cruel punishment I was trying to find a better solution to this sickening problem which I believe shouldn”t be a problem in the first place I adore these creatures and I am sickened by how they have been treated I have Indian heritage and I was born under the wolf moon and to this people believe I am crazy but I will never give up the fight for these beautiful spirits

• WolfRei

August 9, 2013 at 6:39 pm

I love wolves more than anything I absolutely hate how people kill them more than anything, but i would rather die than be in a zoo I’m against and hate the idea of zoos people should not kill wolves i love them so much it makes me sick, but actually having someone who likes woves want them to be in a cage being profited to be looked at disgusts me to no end

10. Joy Johnson

May 24, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I’d like to see someone use the legal argument that the wolves are free, only changing ownership upon death. However, I, me, personally, I have just as much right to a wolf if I pay my licensing fee, as someone whose goal is to kill it, EXCEPT, I want my wolf alive. I should have just as much right to have MY wolf alive as the killer has to have his wolf dead. I want my wolf skin protected by the original owner. I do not wish to “harvest” my wolf skin. I get my PLEASURE from LOOKING at it – and to kill it denies me my pleasure. Simply put. I have as much right to claim a wolf as anyone else, so long as I pay the fee. Furthermore, I have a right to have my wolf be alive and free if I so desire.

May 24, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Joy, you should read the Madravenspeak columns that we have archived here. Patrica touches on that exact same issue and often asks why we can’t have a saving license rather than a killing license. I would be willing to bet that many, many people would purchase such a thing if that meant that one less killing license were issued. But that will never happen as long as killing is ingrained in our culture as “recreation” and “heritage.” We need EVERYONE to call or write the DNR and express your outrage at this slaughter plan. If you plan to visit the state, cancel and tell the tourism department why.

• Jack

May 28, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I love this idea!!! The public resources are for everyone. Sign me up for a “saving” license or 300.

• janwindsong

May 29, 2013 at 1:09 am

Brilliant! Who do we contact?
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

• steve harding

June 4, 2013 at 9:36 am

excellent point Joy, I wish everyone would do this

11. DeeCapp

May 24, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Why is it that humans always revert to the easiest, laziest, cruelest solution to every inconvenience, the other side of which has no voice: kill. Kill, kill, kill. What that says about humans is nothing about which we can be proud. More can be gained for humanity that is powerful, beneficial and transformational by caring for animals with respect and compassion, than what is achieved by harming, hurting or commoditizing animals. Animals teach us to be better humans and help us heal — but not if they’re dead.

12. janwindsong

May 24, 2013 at 5:50 pm

And now we know that the hearts of the killers who wait with 275 bullets were all in favor of having trhe wolves reintroduced. Hunting season for them just got a lot more fun! How many people not involved with the sheep or cattle indstry want this killing to occur? I don’t!

13. cynthia meyer

May 24, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Calling all Women Who Run with the Wolves to unite and fight this!

• traeh79

May 31, 2013 at 6:33 am

What is your idea????

14. nackpets

May 24, 2013 at 6:42 pm

the Obama administration has yanked its plan to strip federal protection from all wolves in the United States outside the southwest the decision is in response to enormous amount of public outcry letters emails and phone calls by 75,000 Center Biological Diversity supporters against the Department of Interior plan to abandon wolf recovery in California ,Northwest, southern Rocky Mountains and then the Northeast the few wolves that are left in this area it would be killed without protection the wolf abandonment plan was complete and ready for publication when the government lawyers suddenly announce to the judge and one of the Centers for the wolves protection lawsuit due to unexpected delay it would not be issued but they did not say why the decision was pulled how long it will be delayed or even who made the decision in the next few weeks it is absolutely critical we need as many voices as possible to convince the new Secretary of Interior Sally Jewell to do the right thing and permantly dump the wolf killing plan her predecessor Ken Salazar and to insist to expand the protection of the wolves .
    Korean@biological diversity.org

15. nackpets

May 24, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Nation wide march against Monsanto Saturday May 25th 2013 at 2pm get out there let your voice be heard saying no to GMO !!! Go on Facebook ,Twitter for areas near you even YouTube is advertising , the entire country, here’s one of the moments we can let everybody know we don’t want GM up

16. laina

May 24, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Thank you for the beautiful photo. What a superbly designed animal. I believe that much of the hatred towards wolves has its roots in envy of their beauty and power. Because human “hunters” cannot even come close to this perfection, they must torture and kill that which they will never be.

17. Esther Shauger

May 24, 2013 at 7:54 pm

wrong to kills these .. I feel it in my spirit.. this is insanity.. this curse will foloowl the people who kill.. i know how it is when people need jobs and food too feed their family.. these woves neeed to be transported to another place somewhere far if need be.. they have specialists for this…i hope these people read these comments my family yhave been good caring leaders for generations… there might be a cure too from these wolves for the future .. people.. or others.. i know for a fact my vision was clear there will be a cure for a disease from the deer… they are wrong to do this they had better save their dna at least.. but im not compromising my belief.. get with it.. were not in the dark ages… yet!!!! mt grt grt grandfather was the Mayor of Midland michigan.. and my other Grandfather worked in the courthouse,

• Hiyori Takashi

May 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm

As far as I know, California see’s wolves as endangered and they would be protected over there. Maybe it’s time to get the wolves to the west cost, and away from deranged hunters.

18. theresa sutherland

May 24, 2013 at 9:05 pm

you have no right kill the moust beautiful animal GODMade than not for u to kill tham and I hope u pay for killing ham

19. mike betts

May 24, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Those assholes they are not doing anything wrong . All they want is to make money . Just leave them alone . I wish I can bring them to my house they will be safe

20. Charles Zatriniski JR

May 24, 2013 at 9:36 pm

This Is TRUELY F’d Up And Needs To Stop ASAP why Kill innocent animals just because and we wonder why animals are becoming extinct

21. LLowe

May 24, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I think every one of the governors from these states need to be investigated…it’s obvious that they are being paid off big time by specials interest groups called ranchers and hunters, since the majority of each states citizens has stated they do NOT want the wolves killed.

• Pete Braun

May 24, 2013 at 11:38 pm

And after being investigated, they should be charged with high treason and punished for their crimes. In fact, I got a few ideas on how to do so via this clip.

• Karen rivelli

May 26, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Pete that was so freaken funny i loved the part of putting a human in a room with wolverine on PCP…..that made me laugh…great thought though…lol I never condone violence but I do believe that there must be real strick laws on these Hunters that are out of control…..

• traeh79

May 27, 2013 at 11:16 am

Pete, George carlin was BRILLANT! Thanks for the great clip. I do agree with you whole heartily.

Also, my apologies for the mistakes in my posting below ….. I didn’t proof read it.

22. Tom Shustack

May 24, 2013 at 10:04 pm

But we let murderers live. Murderers who took the lives of young innocent children. You want to kill something? Kill them.

23. Esther Shauger

May 24, 2013 at 10:04 pm

ohhhhhhh!! yes.. I’ve prayed..I’ve seen the unseen.. the man that thinks they are “The Wolves” just varmits.. killing when against the law.. ok.. i will tell you how i know you.. you know the police man in that area.he is a friend of yours. I call you out brother…. this is not a threat… Im reaching into your heart and you Will! change your mind about the wolves.. in a profound way… dont thank me.. thank “The Great Spirit of all Things” I’ve seen your struggles and your anger and pain.. but for no reason to take it out on the wolves!!!

24. Diane Welsh

May 25, 2013 at 12:27 am

Some may think my idea is far fetched, but it would cut down on the numbers of wolves killed by trophy hunters, whose idea of a pretty wolf is a dead wolf as in-dead wolf coat, hat or area rug. Paint ballers are good target shooters. Why can’t we mark our furry babies in pink, blue and purple. There is no pain to the wolf and they would be colorful…and ALIVE!!! Isn’t that the point? Also, the paint is non toxic.

25. Wolf is my Soul

May 26, 2013 at 4:38 am

Reblogged this on Carinas space.

26. Karen rivelli

May 26, 2013 at 4:24 pm

We need to get an independent firm of scientist not organizations that believe they know more than science….these people will only aid in the Elimination of this species forever…they fear the un known truely and it’s up to the animal rights activists all around this world to stop this madness

27. Sandra McGee

May 27, 2013 at 11:04 am

It seems to me that money trumps science. I didn’t just figure that out …… it has been going on for years, but has only gotten worse over the last 10/15 years. What to do?? I have e-mailed, sent snail mail, signed petitions, gone across the country & back again to protest the indiscriminate killing of wolves. The only thing I don’t have is MONEY, or I should say A LOT of MONEY.
    I’ve been to Boise, ID. to find only ignorance & hate for the wolf. You can’t even talk to a lot of those people about the science of the wolf & how they are here for a specific reason for the environment. They don’t listen – they are completely closed minded. It’s a generational hatred for the wolf. Our voices have to loud & clear. If it takes going out into hunting areas where they are hunting the wolf to protect them, I’m willing to do that. I’m willing to set of “their” fucking traps so it does not hurt one creature. We need a mole, a person who can get on the inside of these idiots & their groups. That is the only suggestion I have – what else are we going to do?????

• Kyuubi

May 27, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I found this, and I do believe this can be used to our advantage. We just need to get everyone to help over turn it.

Upon doing some research via google, I came across this. http://www.examiner.com/article/hunter-harassment this more less says no one can harass hunters, unless they want to do prison time and pay a fine. However, doing more research I found that hunters has been harassing innocent people, to almost killing them and this involves a hunter shooing at a pregnant woman. I’ve also found that hunters has:

– Thrown a dead deer’s carcass into someone’s home.
      – a woman found a decapitated deer head in her mailbox
      – a hunter shooting at a pregnant woman
      – and finally, a toddler getting injured due to a hunter’s stray bullet.

Now let me get this straight, hunters and the NRA can hide behind these laws and cry fowl.. yet, they can harass and almost kill people? How well would that hold up in a court of law? If we can make enough noise, I have a good feeling these laws the hunters hides behind will be put to question and hopefully no longer exist. Will you help spread this around and make noise and make sure everyone knows about this?

If we can yank this out from the hunters, they’re gonna be in a world of hurt.
      Hunter Harassment
      Hunter harassment is illegal in many states, and on federal lands, and is described by the animal activists as “civil disobedience”, by the authorities as eco t

http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/taah-hh-20011200.html And there is the one that talks about the toddler getting injured by the stray bullet and the out come.

28. Sandra McGee

May 31, 2013 at 6:30 am

Thats rich ……. “Hunter Harassment” that is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of. And what these hunters do to animals is NOT illegal???? It makes no sense, but we live in backwards land. So to that extent – it makes sense. Just like the “Ag Gag” law. That really does not make sense.

• Kyuubi

May 31, 2013 at 6:51 am

They’ve harassed homeowners, I remember reading something not to long ago where hunters would harass female landowners, and they would threaten others, threaten to kill them. It’s gone as far as one hunter let his dogs kill one of the ladies daughter’s pet: ducks, geese, and chickens. Then locked the mother and daughter inside to where they couldn’t get out. When the woman called the cops, they did NOTHING, but belittle her and they let the hunters get away with it. They’ve drove out a man and his family, when the hunters threatened to kill them all. If you like I can try to find that link again.

29. Nancy Keiter

May 31, 2013 at 10:38 pm

After 9 11 anybody that threatens somebody life is considered by law a terroristic threat ! These people should be getting in contact with the state police or the FBI !

30. nat