Jamie Vee, The Ball is in Your Court

26 Oct

Wolf

**The posts on this blog, unless otherwise noted, do not come from Patricia Randolph, Melissa Smith, or any other wildlife advocate other than myself.**

Over the past week I have received several comments from Jamie Vee appearing to take a conciliatory tone toward this site and those of us that are vehemently against the wolf slaughter now occurring in Wisconsin. He claims to want to come to an understanding and foster civil dialog between the two camps. He also mentioned a willingness to try and reign in the hate and threats coming from a certain anti-wolf Facebook site. However, the threats and harassment continue from that site they appear to be ramping up their rhetoric against us.

Submitted on 2013/10/25 at 5:22 am

I can’t speak for everyone, but I believe that most people truly are good people. I can’t speak for, nor can I or would I associate with the people that are doing the disgusting things to which you are referencing. The videos I posted last year were done so in poor taste. I can’t take them back. No videos this year, other than the release of a young wolf.

I have been hunting and trapping all of my life. It truly is a way of life for me and my family and I don’t want anyone to take that away from us. If any of your members want to learn more of why its important to me, or to learn more about these things in general, contact me. I’m easy to find. I’ll take anyone out for a couple hours to show them why the outdoors is important to me and my family.

Most of you know me from two separate one minute videos and a few photos. There is more to me than what you see in those short clips. To be honest, they are a poor representation of how I view myself, how I want my children to view me, and how others should view me. Also, it’s not how I want people to view hunters and trappers. I think that most are good people. But the actions of a few bad apples are able doing most of the talking.

I admire your passion. I understand your concerns. I respect your heritage. I can’t undo the things that have been done. And I can not speak for everyone.

Jamie Vee

Submitted on 2013/10/25 at 7:15 am

PS,  Deleted  was one of the letter writers to my wife’s employer. I see Alice was quick to condemn it, deleted. My wife is also a board member at Chequamegon Humane Society. Yes, it’s possible to hunt and trap, and still care about finding homes and shelters for domestic animals. Anyways, numerous contacts have been made there in an attempt to have her removed from the board. It should be known that she is an amazing vet tech, and a huge asset to the CHS. The thought of her being an incompetent tech or board member because she hunts or traps is elementary. And that’s one of the areas where I believe there is some lack on understanding, and a simple, adult correspondence would go a very long way.

While nothing is going to change how I view the killing of our native predators to be barbaric practices and trapping an archaic and brutal form of torture, I respect the conciliatory tone in this message.

When I write a blog post I want to ruffle feathers. I want to make people question their beliefs and actions. Mission accomplished on both sides with my most recent posts. But what I don’t do is make threats against their lives, their pets, or find humor in rape. The anti-wolf factions think it is perfectly acceptable to threaten death against wildlife advocates, threaten to poison pets, call wildlife advocates “timber niggers” if they have Native American ancestry, brag about “gut shooting” the animals that we fight for, place dead coyotes on wildlife advocate’s vehicles, and what may be worst of all threaten to rape female wildlife advocates. What kind of person does this? Better yet, what kind of website condones or even subtly encourages this?

When I choose to write inflammatory things about the sport/revenge killing of wolves and other wildlife I want to be edgy, I want to get our supporters fired up and fight against the propaganda and misinformation being fed to the public by anti-wolf factions. I want them to see how brutal trapping and hounding really are. When I read things about “kill ’em all or “gut shoot them and let them die elsewhere” you damn right I am going to get pissed and comment on it. When I see a photograph of a group of wolf haters posing with a dead wolf, an American flag, and wearing KKK style masks you damn right I am going to equate that image with terrorism. Does anyone in the anti-wolf factions think that is going to help their cause? When I see a photograph of someone smiling over a dead bloody wolf and read vile hate filled comments and threats of intimidation against wildlife advocates you damn right I am going to equate that behavior to terrorism.

Should the rhetoric be toned down? Probably. But it becomes very difficult when the other side continues to  harass, post death threats, and attempt to intimidate those that oppose them. I would be easy to say to avoid those hate filled pages, but death threats and harassment cannot be so easily ignored. The anti-wolf propaganda and the deliberate misinformation that flow from those pages also make them very difficult to ignore.

Mr. Vee if you are sincere and you really do want to find “middle ground” tell those that run and comment on that page to stand down with the threats and harassment. I have given them far more attention than I should or they  even warrant. There are numerous law enforcement investigations ongoing about the threats coming from some commenters at that site and their enablers. Some internet back and forth can be both frustrating and even entertaining but the line is crossed when racism, death threats, and threats of rape rear their ugly heads.

Mr. Vee I will take you at your word that you are going to try to get that site to tone down the rhetoric and threats. I will do the same on my end and not post the vile hate filled comments that come from that site. But I will not stop posting about the abuses and misinformation being spread about wolves and other wildlife no matter the source. The ball is in your court. I look forward to hearing your response.

On another note, I ask that all commenting to this site refrain from using the same kind of threatening language and swearing that we have come to expect from the anti-wolf zealots. The same goes for any threats of violence. Those will be reported to law enforcement in the same manner that the ones from the wolf haters have been. Those contacting employers of wolf killers or their spouses also need to knock it off. I can understand the outrage when viewing the smiling pictures over dead wolves, but this behavior WILL NOT be tolerated. You have been warned.

Posted by on October 26, 2013 in Hounding, Hunting, Trapping, Wisconsin Insanity, Wolves

Tags: , ,

5 responses to “Jamie Vee, The Ball is in Your Court

1. Louise Kane

October 26, 2013 at 11:48 am

To Jamie Vee and the posters of this site…
    toning down the rhetoric and rage is one issue but the other is that even when the rhetoric is toned down if the same kind of barbaric killing and torture is done then its just going on without such a public face. Jamie Vee if your wife is an amazing vet tech then she of all people should understand that a canid, is a canid is a canid. Whether fox, wolf, coyote or dog they all carry the same traits, they all suffer the same and they all deserve to be protected from abuse. Trapping, snaring and killing wildlife, especially the particularly social wolves, coyotes and fox is extremely inhumane. The remaining pack or family members grieve, they can not fend for themselves the same way and their families are forever fractured. Not to mention the suffering of the individual animal. I challenge you to read Don Coyote http://www.daytonohyde.com/Coyote.html, take a look at Living With Wolves documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmOtXSAr1M or their website and then look at Daily Coyote site by a woman who rescued a coyote pup. The coyote lives with her dogs, cat and a horse. These animals are like our dogs, they are loving, they are super intelligent, and they are magnificent. The tradition of sports hunting for rage, for fun, for sport or to kill for profit does not adhere to the North American Model of Conservation and it is truly a “tradition” like the cruel practice of slavery that needs to be ended. Tell me about your fast and humane killing of a deer for food that is necessary for survival and I can open my mind and try and understand. Tell me you want to preserve the right to kill for sport and I condemn.

2. Nancy

October 26, 2013 at 1:16 pm

STOP BEING BULLYS!!!!

3. Jim L

October 27, 2013 at 11:35 am

Words are just that, words, or talk if you will. Ethics are just that, Ethics.
    eth·ics
    /ˈeTHiks/
    noun
    plural noun: ethics; noun: ethics
    1. moral principles that govern a person’s or group’s behavior.
    synonyms: moral code, morals, morality, values, rights and wrongs, principles, ideals, standards (of behavior), value system, virtues, dictates of conscience
    the moral correctness of specified conduct.
    2. the branch of knowledge that deals with moral principles
    The WWH isn’t just a few bad apples. Supposedly over 21,000. Not one condemning the ethics in other members wolf hunting hate talk or actions. Including the page manager who promotes it (The only good wolf is a dead wolf page), and Mr. Vee.
    He and his wife commenting and participating-associating in this group’s page of wolf exterminators still. ethics In humor none the less. ethics. About the masked wolf killer picture, this commentfrom 10-26-13; so not the kkk but the wkc (wolf killer club)? ethics. Wolf Chili. ethics. Still not forgetting the need for the sharing of their trophy pictures with them. ethics.
    Two old sayings ring a bell. Guilty by association and, Actions speak louder then words. So keep up the talk.

October 27, 2013 at 9:09 pm

James Vee, If any humanity exists within you, you must stop this madness & call upon others to initiate a dialog of respect toward those who have a reverence for wolves & wildlife.

4. Wolf is my Soul

November 1, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Reblogged this on Wolf Is My Soul.