Wolf Haters, Homophobes, Racists, and “Freedom of Speech”

19 Dec

564px-Bill_of_Rights_Pg1of1_AC

When news broke over the past couple of days about the homophobic comments from one of the bearded fake “sportsmen” of A&E Network’s Duck Dynasty the hateful, racist, homophobic, and anti-wolf internet sites went crazy with support for his disgusting comments. This is what the bearded, animal exploiting, redneck “hero,” Phil Robertson, had to say:

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

It gets even worse:

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Even more astounding is that in the world of “The Beard” racism didn’t exist “pre-entitlement” and “pre-welfare.”

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

This man is a “hero” among many on the right wing in America. That says it all. Among those that jumped to the defense of “The Beard” were those at the anti-wolf Facebook page, “Wisconsin Wolf Hunting.” Among all of the exploitative pictures of trapped, shot, hounded wolves, and a picture of a truck with dead coyotes “stacked like cord wood” there are posts supporting “The Beard’ and bemoaning him being “persecuted” for his “free speech” and for ” for being a Christian.”

The person that runs the anti-wolf hate site and is always flaunting that he bans those that disagree with his sick and twisted posts with his “ban hammer,” is whining about ‘The Beard” having his “Freedom of Speech” rights violated.

Wisconsin Wolf Hunting: The only bigotry in this thread is by some people who only want freedom of speech when it suits their agenda . Oh that is spelled Bigot , not biggot.
Like · 3 hours ago

Funny that is exactly what this person practices every day when he uses his “ban hammer” on pro-wolf people. This is what drives me nuts about hypocrites like this. They go and quote the Constitution and are too self important to understand what it really means. Freedom of Speech under the Constitution applies to GOVERNMENT limitations on it. The government is nowhere in this thing. The Beard made his homophobic comments to a privately owned magazine and A&E, a PRIVATELY owned company, suspended him from his sadistic exploitation show. Just like they cancelled that mulleted freak and convicted murderer, “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” when he made racist comments a few years back. A&E is a PRIVATELY OWNED company that is part of the whole corporate world that these right wing “bloggers” get their propaganda from and now they complain about them. Ironic, isn’t it?

Wisconsin Wolf Hunting: Our current American society: “you have to let everyone express their beliefs and respect them. unless they’re a Christian.” True Story!!!!!!!!!
Like · 3 · 4 hours ago

Really? He can express his views anywhere and any time he wants. But every action has a reaction. I am so tired of this “persecution” complex by people like this guy. If you say something stupid you WILL get called out on it no matter what religion or whatever you are. Does this guy take “Freedom of Speech” and differing opinions from pro-wolf people into account when he uses his “ban hammer?” Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion apparently only apply if you agree with them or are a Christian on the Wisconsin Wolf Hunting site. Just ask anyone that posted pro-wolf comments on that site. The GOVERNMENT cannot limit or block your freedom of speech in public or private, but PRIVATE entities like Facebook, WordPress, and A&E networks CAN and DO have the ability to hold people responsible for hateful, bigoted,and reckless comments. I do and will continue to block hateful, bigoted, racist,and anti-wildlife comments on MY blog because I, just like A&E Networks, are NOT the government. But you don’t see me throwing up the “Freedom of Speech” banner when my comments or views are criticized or deleted.

A&E is just as guilty here. You create a show that caters to the lowest common denominator in our society and what kind of people do you think it will attract? The Beard is a “hero” to these people just as draft-dodger/poacher Ted Nugent is. Good riddance to bad trash and I hope that wolf hate pages go along with it. Maybe A&E and their other exploitation channels will rid themselves of their hate filled wildlife snuff programming as well. I am not holding my breath.

The funniest comment of this whole situation is below. (Warning: Graphic Language)

Posted by on December 19, 2013 in Hounding, Hunting, Trapping, Wisconsin Insanity, Wolves

Tags: , , ,

5 responses to “Wolf Haters, Homophobes, Racists, and “Freedom of Speech”

1. Nancy

December 20, 2013 at 7:07 am

Reblogged this on "OUR WORLD".

2. Diane

December 20, 2013 at 8:20 am

I really don’t get how people who profess to be Christian can believe it is acceptable behavior to blow away hapless ducks for entertainment. Just another example of the mindset of this segment of the population who with wild abandon chooses to use up our planet & all the creatures in it. I believe it is called Dominionism.

3. Sue Hodges

December 20, 2013 at 8:57 am

I wondered how these bearded ignoramouses (sp?) have gotten so popular with the American public. Last week I was in Wall Mart and they were selling branded Duck Dynasty merchandise of all kinds. A grandmotherly type was picking stuff out for Christmas and I wanted to yell at her…What the F…! don’t you even think about what you are putting into your grandchildren’s heads!
    and this was before the inevitable racist homophobic comments by one of this ignorant gang which has been glorified and made into role models for the underclass of this country.

December 21, 2013 at 9:38 am

Too bad animal friendly wholesome TV shows have went by the wayside e.g. Lassie, Flipper, Mr. Ed even Fury & Rin Tin Tin. Now we have them replaced by vulgar shows like Duck Dynasty. I guess this dates me & I will date myself even further by saying. What has society come to & where is society heading?

4. revisioned27